Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, on the face of it this may be an audio question but someone might have had a similar problem with something else...

I need to get a direct 12V from the battery, into the boot (most likely via the inside of the car).

Problem is that i cant see any holes to poke the wire through, previous posts have suggested lugs in the passenger footwell but i cant see any.

In previous (older) cars i usually squeeze it thru with the rest of the loom going through. Tried that but this car has got a big connector instead of just a hole.

HELP ME!!!!

There must be so many clios with amps in, how do they do it!

OR!!!! Is there another wire in the car that i could draw 12v from to safely run an amplifier and subwoofer?

·
Registered
48 Posts
drill one yourself i did and put some sealant round it or you could use a gormet. alot less hassle then finding a route and squeezing the power cable through.
make sure you put the hole high enough in the bulk head so you can't see it.
i've just done mine and i can't see any wires in the car. running it through the car itself is a p1ss easy.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ta for the reply. did you dril outside in or inside out. Did you remove the plastic cover and the washer bottle to get to the wall? Worried about drilling through something important too!!!

Seen a few posts about following the channel of the bonnet release......

·
Registered
48 Posts
not sure about that, you'd have to get up inside the wing, worth a look tho.
i drilled from inside out pulling back the foam cover. i did my hole rite next to what looks like the pipes for the heating system which have their own moulded gromet. did want to damage the pipes. so drilled the bulk head and works a treat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts