Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forums, but felt that I had to give this a go as I've run out of options (other than spend £££££s at the garage)!

My girlfriend's Megane has now got to the point where the quirky electrical nuances have gone beyond a joke! The car is probably only worth circa £2k but the list of electrical problems is mounting up now, to the point where we could spend the best part of that having it in and out of the garage to diagnose the problems. So I wanted to have a go a fixing some myself, before we take the plunge and pay Mike the mechanic!

The current list of faults:
1. Windcreen wiper intermittently don't work
2. Electric sunroof doesn't open
3. Driver heated seat not working (passenger one does)
4. Electric windows acting random (sometimes the up operations continues to send the window down)
5. Back window washer operation makes the front window washers squirt

I know some would suggest working methodically through each problem, but I can't help thinking that the root cause is something more generic?

Fuses checked, and all okay.

Today I'm off to test the battery and try some diagnosics on the wipers (seeing as these are quite an important feature on the car)!

Any thoughts, direction, similar experiences etc. etc. would be gratfully received... :mechanic:

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
The current list of faults:
1. Windcreen wiper intermittently don't work
2. Electric sunroof doesn't open
3. Driver heated seat not working (passenger one does)
4. Electric windows acting random (sometimes the up operations continues to send the window down)
5. Back window washer operation makes the front window washers squirt

1 check the conections on the motor/or poss faulty sterring wheel stalk
2 check for power at the plug of the electric sunroof motor if power it gotta be a the switch or b the motor thats went
3same as check for power at the seat connection if there is power poss the heating element is gone
5 is what i was posi saying about the wiper stalk 4 could be signs of the window regulator

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Hoochy, I was wondering if the stalk might the root of the wiper problems, any idea how to easily test?

PS, haven't managed to do any PD on the wipers today, as been replacing rear discs and had enough now! But I will feedback if or when I find something useful to share.

At least it's been sunny today... bring on the summer... :sunny:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts