Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Have a 2003 renault megane which starts some days and not others. wouldnt start monday morning but went to try it tuesday and started as normal then later on in the morning it wouldnt start and has been like this since - can anyone help? RAC have had a look but cant find anything!

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi there Willie D and welcome to Renault Forums, I'm sure one of the tech guys will give you some advice later, in the meantime if you could post a bit more info it would be most helpful, i.e type of engine etc
Regards Leroy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
engine size etc!

In relation to last thread my car details are a 2003 Renault Megane Expression 1.4 16v

A

·
0 Posts
Firstly I Must Say I Have Only One Idea
Could It Be The Battery In The Remote Key

Have You Tried The Other Remote Key To See If Will Start With That Key.??

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
When you say it wouldn't start,would it turn over and not fire,or would it not turn over?.

If it seems to turn over for a long time and not start,then the TDC sensor could be at fault.It is the most common problem that causing starting faults.

If the engine doesn't turn over,or turns over very slowly,then it could be the battery or starter motor.If your battery is the original one from when the car was new,it's due a change.Also,starter motor or earth connections can cause similar problems.

Get back to us with some more details and we'll try and help you out.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It wont turn over at all. Put the keycard in and press start and all th lights come on in the dash as normal but its totally dead. RAC tested the battery but thats fine. Seems to have a mind of its own will start sometimes and not others for no apparent reason. Will check the points you made though, thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts