Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all has any changed there own brake pads I think mine are on there wat out but I have a questions about disc size etc I have searched on eurocarparts.com & gsfcarparts.com and there seemed to be a few options depending on a number of factors
A chap from buypartsby.co.uk (this site only has one option once you go through the make, model, engine routine) told me that it will only have the 300mm discs but i have that nasty feeling that I will get the wheel off only to find I have the wrong pads

any pointers

PS Renault want me to part with £117 to change these thought I would have crack my self

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Right then............

First thing to do before you buy any pads is to whip a wheel off and have a look for the make of the calipers.
Renault use two or three different makes of caliper, mainly Bendix and ATE. You'll have a better chance of getting the correct pads first time if you know what make yours are.

Changing the pads is easy! I'm sure there's a thread or two on here about it. Just take your time and you'll save yourself a tidy sum ;)

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
i would definitly remove one of the pads and take it with you,then you can match the pads to be sure you get the right ones.also buy the pads from a motor factors you should save £15.00 to £20.00 than if you buy from reno.make sure you remove the fluid well cap before pushing back the pistons.straight forward job.

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
i would definitly remove one of the pads and take it with you,then you can match the pads to be sure you get the right ones.
Good idea! The voice of experience! ;)
Although.... if you need the car then knowing the make of the calipers will be fine. Just quoted car make, model, year and caliper make when I bought mine and got correct ones first time :)

also buy the pads from a motor factors you should save £15.00 to £20.00 than if you buy from reno.
Yep! Got front and back pads for mine from my local motor factors for £50 ish!

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
what a pain in the butt that was.i felt as though i was talking to someone off another planet.

reno. bring the car to us.
me. i can't iv'e got no brakes.
reno if we have given you the wrong pads bring the car to us we will inspect them if they are the right ones we will charge you for fitting.if they are wrong ones we will fit them free of charge.

me. i cannot drive the car as i have NO BRAKES.

2 week ends without a car.

i can laugh about it now,but at the time i was :steam:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks chaps
buypartsby.co.uk supplied me with front pads for £30.91 incl delivery
Nice of Renault to put the bolts on the inside so that you can't even see what type of bolts they are Haynes manual was also little help here, borrowed my wife's compact so I could see them, 7mm allen bolts, it was easy from here and the Haynes walk-through was a big help.
On reflection this was an easy job although dirty, (latex gloves are a must) and has saved me £86.09 glad I had a go.

once again many thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts