Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Recently my oil consumption as increased slightly so I asked the local renault dealer to look in to it.
They said there was 'leakage from the turbo'.
I realised this isnt good as failure of the turbo oil seal will could cause serious damage as the engine draws oil in to the cylinders. This forum has been invaluable with respect to information on this.
I have also noticed oil over the top surface of the intercooler. (Seeing much else is difficult on this car) . There is no 'whine of death' from the turbo and there is no loss of power.I've always serviced at 9K never at the absurd 18k renault advised.

I actually like this car and cannot afford to replace it so... Is there anyone who has preemptively had this done (rather than after a failure)
What sort of cost would I be looking at I envisage £700 for the turbo plus about the same for labour (after all it's got 5 spanners in the haynes!)

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Oil showing at the intercooler isn't a good sign and should be investigated further.

I suggest the plumbing going to and from the inetrcooler be checked for signs of excess oil.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Suggest you don't drive until it's fixed. Had my 1.9 dcI Scenic engine over speed in town today, only way to stop it was to stall in a high gear. Learned something new about back leakage of lube oil into engine intake. There's nothing to control engine speed when this happens and it's scary!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts