Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Three months ago I purchased this (2003 Renault Scenic Dynamique 2.0L 16V Automatic)...right from the start it had a problem with the Auto Box,down changing was extremely harsh: it was reluctant to go into 4th gear: occasionally the little Gearbox light on the dashboard would come on and it would kick down into a lower gear with a severe thump and it would stay in limp mode until I stop and switch the ignition off, also if I kick down from 4th to 3rd, it will not change to 4th until I slow down to almost a halt. Mayfair Gearbox put a new gearbox in, it seemed to be fine for a few weeks, but now the problem has returned. I would really appreciate any insight you may have to resolve this issue, as the mechanics can't seem to find the problem.
King Regards,
Alan.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Firstly check autobox oil for signs of contamination, if its blackish in colour then its proberbly a pressure regulation fault. Can be 2 reasons for this, either the modulating solenoid valve is contaminated or the torque converter is collapsing internaly. If a new autobox was fitted check with the garage if the converter was also replaced. Also ask if the hydraulic distributer from the old autobox was fitted to the new one, this is common place and gives no end of problems/misdiagnosis. If this is the case then proberbly the pressure modulating solenoid valve requires replacing. This is a common fault in all DP0 autoboxs, takes about 2 hours and shouldnt cost more the 200quid. Hope this helps...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts