Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I purchased a 2004 Renault Scenic Dynamique 1.9Dci a couple of weeks ago, it appears to have a strange whooshing sound while accelerating (Kinda like wind). Only happens when really putting my foot down, around when the turbo kicks in. I'm no mechanic, but could it be a pipe loose to the turbo?

The car also has a slight hesitation while holding speed. Say I'm holding a steady speed to stay within a road's limit, the car will drop a little power then return to normal. This is accompanied by smoke from the **** end, looks black in colour through the rear view. Doesn't always happen, just now and again.

The car is currently showing 13K on the clocks and had a dash change at 50K from Benfield Renault.

Any help would be greatly appreciated prior to me whipping it to my local garage!

L

·
0 Posts
Sounds like a intake pipe leak and possibly over fuelling.

I would also suggest you clean the EGR valve (no mean task but essential)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update on the problem I had...

I stopped using the car until I could get it looked at, turns out I had a nasty hole in my Intercooler! Luckily, I managed to source a good used one on Locally in Blaydon, Gateshead for £40!

Job done and Scenic is now driving fantastic!

·
Administrator
13,236 Posts
Thanks for the update and glad it all got sorted... and for £40.. nice one :cool::d

1 - 5 of 5 Posts