Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See.... its not just Renault's:d,

I have been looking at a friends Petrol Audi A2 1.6 FSI S as its been idling and running like a bag a tatties this last week:crazy: and after getting the engine management light i had the ecu read yesterday for it to point to the EGR valve and on inspection the soot and carbon build up is beyond belief,

He's selling the car in a few weeks as this Audi has broken his heart from he bought it and i think this was the last straw..... and as much as i could have just blanked off the egr valve or even cleaned it? thats not my style so Ive managed to get him to spend his cash for the last time on a cheap new EGR valve sensor,

I will post up some pics after Ive done the job just to show how bad the build up was:crazy:

Cheers Don

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry ive not had time to update this thread:eek:....not that it matters being an Audi:devil::d but i now have the new egr valve,

I will post up some pics later when iam a little further on,

Cheers Don

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well i got the new valve fitted today but sadly it never cured the problem:crazy::eek: not my fault:d

The owner came to me a few weeks ago saying he had a problem with the car idling poor, so i told him to have the fault code read as the engine management light was illuminated and it was diagnosed with it being the egr valve causing the problem, but after replacing it today it still has a lumpy idle and just wants to stall if you don't keep the revs up,:confused:what a waist of my time and his cash,

Sorry no pics:eek:

Cheers Don

1 - 3 of 3 Posts