Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an issue with my Renualt Espace 2.2 DCI.
Below approx 3000rpm its dead with no power.
My mechanic thinks its the EGR.
I have read the following fault codes using Snap ON diagnostic equipment
1815 - INLET AIR/BOOST PRESSURE CIRCUIT
1806 - AIR FLOW SENSOR CIRCUIT

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Mazi,

So sorry, but not suprised to hear that your Espace is going the way of many MK 4's

I can offer very little advice other than search this forum for all issues with the 2.2Dci MK4, and be ready for what you will find.

I guess the car is above 50,000 miles?

Could you give me a little more info and I can try and predict what comes next after your first bill!

It will not help with the current issue you are unfortunatley experiencing, but fore warned is fore-warned.

to get you in the right frame of mind:

I guess after our Espace , 2004 Dci 2.2 "let go" this week I can honestly say the ONLY thing that did not go wrong over it's 70,000 miles, WAS the egr valve.

Lets see what your mechanic can find, fingers crossed.

Our Car:

£10,000 investment when bought, my Wifes "dream car".

5 years (60,000 miles) hassle free, than all hell breaks loose.

(Timing belt change at 65,000 expected for age of car, no issues there)

Inlet Maifold, (known issue) blows at 65,000 £800.00 & 1 week off the road.

68,500 miles, turbo lets go, 2 weeks & £1,300 to fix.

4 weeks after turbo, balance shafts break up, engine condemed, £5,300 to replace, car worth scrap value.

Negative equity (after expected depreciation) stands us at:

£3,400 - market value of the car (running)
£1,300 - wasted on turbo 4 weeks ago.

Please let me know how you go, I do hope that it is cheap to fix..
And I am sure the guys on here will give you plenty of pointers, it is a good source of info.

G

·
I have an issue with my Renualt Espace 2.2 DCI.
Below approx 3000rpm its dead with no power.
My mechanic thinks its the EGR.
I have read the following fault codes using Snap ON diagnostic equipment
1815 - INLET AIR/BOOST PRESSURE CIRCUIT
1806 - AIR FLOW SENSOR CIRCUIT
Do you get any warning lights when this happens?

This thread may help your mechanic check the EGR http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=102302

You may have to check the fault codes on a Renault specific diagnostics machine to fully understand them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to update. Took to clean it and it appears someone has already had a go at it (seems clean)and it seemed to have oil on it.
Also appears to have something missing with a vacuum pipe blocked of.
According to a diagram I found on the net I think the missing part is an inlet manifold solonoid.
Dont know what to do now??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just to update. Took to clean it and it appears someone has already had a go at it (seems clean)and it seemed to have oil on it.
Also appears to have something missing with a vacuum pipe blocked of.
According to a diagram I found on the net I think the missing part is an inlet manifold solonoid.
Dont know what to do now??
HI,

Try contacting Renault Dealer if you know the type of part you need.

Ask them to give you a part code, they can narrow this down using your vehcile reg i think.

Then, of course first stop eBay!

There are lots of auto spares for renault from these guys, or they can put you in touch with one.

www.bvsf.org.uk

Good luck

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
I have just had problems with intermittent power loss on my espace and have been doing lots of research to get it sorted.
I replaced the fuel filter as i have had problems before where it got blocked starving the engine of fuel, it was dirty and although did run better i was still getting the loss in power every now and then.
If you lifted of the accelerator and re-applied the power came back which was obviously not ideal.
I had read on one of the links that if the brake switch is badly adjusted the ECU protects the car by cutting the power, I had been doing some work on the brake servo before this fault appeared so it seemed to tie in.
The brake switch is right on top of the brake pedal tucked behind the dash and is very awkward to reach.
I pressed the brake pedal down and pulled the post coming out of the brake switch a couple of clicks and so far so good the car hasn't missed a beat.
I have included a picture from a previous post i did called http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1075257#post1075257 so you can see exactly what you are looking for.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.