Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Renault Laguna 2004 with sat nav but the seams like there is no recption, the dish is always red.. About two days ago the CD come out alone and then get stuck and doesn' come out or go in. Does someone has any idea or suggestion how i can fix this problem?
Thanks a lot for yor help

·
Premium Member
14,136 Posts
Hi mate welcome to the forum,There are a number of issues with sat nav ,no sat signal prob means your ariel possgot a broken wire quite a common fault and a cheap fix ,buy a magnetic g.p.s ariel off e.bay for around a tenner that should solve the prob,as for c.d reader theres an eject button for the c.d on the right hand side of the unit,apart from that check the threads on here under sat nav will prob give you some answers to your questions...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi There,

Thanks for your help. But i still have one more question, i do i find out how is the plug to the back of the receiver? I saw some plugs on diferent styles and i don't know which one.The car has one small arial on top of the back of the car and another one the left side on the back window, so which one do i need to replace? Sorry about this question but i never had any car with this type of sat nav.

:confused:

·
Premium Member
14,136 Posts
Hi mate your sat nav ariel is plugged into the sat nav reader cd player that is in your glove box,to access the ariel wire look in passenger footwell and pull down the cover that is just below the dash its on velcro fittings,look under and you will see a small black wire this is the sat nav ariel wire,all you need do is get a new magnetic mount ariel and pull out that one and push the new one in its place and hey presto you should then have green sat icon..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts