Independent Renault Forums banner

2004 Scenic Electronics Madness - multiple beeping, errors, lights failing

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Nottnoc 
#1 ·
Hi

I have a 2004 Scenic Automatic that I have owned for a short while and it's exhibiting some very odd behaviour

I'll be driving for a bit and it always starts with a small beep and an "auto lights activated" message. This is accompanied by the heater fan stopping and the speedometer only showing 2 dashes.

Then I'll start to get progressively longer periods of intense beeping with multiple failure message although the car still drives, but with the odd drop in power. As I continue the beeps will be accompanied by the wipers stopping working, the indicators stopping working and sometimes the headlights stopping working. They all return when the beeping stops.

As you can imagine this makes it dangerous to drive.

If I turn the car off and start it again, it starts as normal but I will go through this whole cycle again.

As far as I know the dashboard has been replaced (the milage on the dash is different to the one on the MOT).

I have checked the drainage from under the wipers in case the dashboard is getting water in it and I have checked the battery connections.

I managed to get some videos of all this happening. In the longer video please skip to the one minute mark.

The videos are in my google drive and can be accessed using the following links:
https://goo.gl/photos/5Kz7vz12nK1kZczu6
https://goo.gl/photos/jSXMMk9eMb4t4aUk9

Has anyone ever seen this behaviour before and know how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#2 ·
1st check the battery for age / fault and then check alternator for correct output voltage ...if fine - I would start worrying about electric connections being wet under seat

#3 ·
Agreed, Fuses on Battery Positive, But mainly Alternator, particularly Over Voltage.
I had electronic fault, New battery cured it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.