Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im looking for some advice and help about a problem my laguna has.

about 2 months ago our renault laguna 2005 1.9 expression dci ( i think thats what it is) started to cut out while driving with the warning light saying injection fault. The car is running fine, no lack of speed or exceleration or any noises or chugging before hand it just cut out. Came to a stop and restarted the car no problem.
It has now done this a few times without any warning what so ever. Also has a light that cones on saying injection fault but doesnt cut out. Its the sudden stop of the engine that is scary as im pregnant and have visions of someone going into the back of me as there is no warning to when it happens so hubby has band me from driving now
Its still doing about 47 mpg which it normaly does.
I have taken it to our mechanic who put it on the fault machine thing and it came up with pressure fault or something like that and he said it could be a sensor which will be 70-100 for a new one.

please is there anything i can try or is this something anybody has had themselves. I have been trying to read up on the internet and a few people seem to have had this problem but im unsure if there is something i can try before handing over my pennies.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know the exact code im afraid as the mechanic done it and just told me it was something to do with the pressure. To start with he thought issue with fuel pump or the injectors but as the car is running fine and no loss of mpg he said it must be a sensor. After last year the car costing close to £800 for an airbag light that was on which ended up being split cable in the boot i want to try and see if there is anything i can do.

Sorry i dont know anymore details.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sounds like my problem I had in the Trafic (van), same engine.

It's the Boost pressure Solenoid - NOT the Boost pressure sensor. Easy to mix the two up!

Check the pencil thick hoses are seated nicely on the connections, as these are vacuum hoses and if they have any leaks they give dodgy readings. Is all is good, change the part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts