Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after 5 years of ownership my Clio DCi 100 has hit a snag that I am not able to deal with. She was becoming hard to start (especially when warm), so I had her looked at by a garage... the verdict, 2 of the injectors were going crappy and leaking back badly. I was quoted £120 to fit them if I provided the injectors, and nearly £450 if the garage provided them.
I bought 2 good injectors and the garage set to work. I then got a phone call a few hours later to say they were struggling to remove one of them and it was well and truly stuck. They said they could use a tool thingy to try and remove it, but that it can sometimes cause issues. I figured it needed to be done as the car was hard to start when cold and not possible to start when warm, so I said go ahead. Guess what.. oh dear.. :surprise: the lower part of the injector stayed in the head, so I am boned. I cannot justify the cost of repair/removal or a replacement head and fitting, so I am going to have to say goodbye to my car of over 5 years. She was a great runner prior to the issue which has been getting gradually worse over the last several thousand miles. She has covered about 131000 miles in total and used no oil, as I never had to top her up, just change the oil every several thousand miles..

Just wondering if anyone needs a DCi 100 with a major cylinder head issue or if anyone needs any spares. pretty much everything else is fine.. so I'm well gutted. Let me know if anyone would like any parts etc.

Many thanks, Loaf. :crying2:

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,764 Posts
Just a thought, might be an idea to say what area you are living in..
Its cost of delivery of parts that puts people off

also look on Tbay and work out how much an ECU kit is worth.
Front bumper, headlights Power steering window regulators..
If you are willing to SPEND time stripping your car,,, not be greedy.
You will get your money back and more.

We will all help you on how to take it apart..

This can only be done If you have room, and Time..

PS any scrapman will take the shell,
Trust me He will get it on his van, without you paying

Just make sure its at the end of the drive..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 2005 Clio II 1.5 DCi 100 for sale/breaking. Central Bedfordshire.

Just a thought, might be an idea to say what area you are living in..
Its cost of delivery of parts that puts people off

also look on Tbay and work out how much an ECU kit is worth.
Front bumper, headlights Power steering window regulators..
If you are willing to SPEND time stripping your car,,, not be greedy.
You will get your money back and more.

We will all help you on how to take it apart..

This can only be done If you have room, and Time..

PS any scrapman will take the shell,
Trust me He will get it on his van, without you paying

Just make sure its at the end of the drive..

Location.. good point! I'm in central Bedfordshire.
2 of the injectors were in good condition still, so I removed them, and once the clamps were removed I pulled them out with my fingers, and no tools! Go figure.. :rolleyes:

I did think of the lock set (for which I have 2 keys, 1 of which appears to have never been used), and wondered what parts would need to go with that. I understand the ECU is under the storage area on the centre console, but what about the transponder module.. would that be near the transponder ring on the steering column somewhere?

Unfortunately, both headlights have cracks to the backing plastic (black plastic part). Bumper is a bit deformed from a very light shunt it had before I owned her. Leccy windows work fine etc.

I have very limited space and tools, so will struggle with removing some parts.

Other parts I thought about:-
Fuel pump
Alternator
Starter motor
Air con pump (ice cold air still, and I've not had it re-gassed in the 5+ years I've had her)
Turbo (not sure I can get that off though)
Intercooler (not sure about removing that either)

Too many useful parts!

Gutted really, removing parts from her will be like cutting off my own body parts.. :crying2: but then I am a registered organ doner, so I guess it's kind of along the same lines now that she's passed..

I'll have a look on ebay and see what stuffs on there.. Cheers! :smile2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts