Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I’m not very ‘car-minded’ at all but have been getting nowhere with looking what the issue is.
About 3 weeks ago, I went and drove out for about 10 minutes, popped into a shop and then started the car again for the red battery warning light to come on and the STOP light too. I revved the car a bit and it went off. Thought no more of it. Then on the 26th of Nov, I went to get in the car and it just wouldn’t start at all so got the breakdown out and they jump started me and advised me to get the battery checked. I managed to get this done on the 2nd December and they advised that the battery was good but needed a good recharge and to take it out for a decent drive. So I did this and was all good for about 20 min until the battery light came on again and the STOP. So I pulled off the motorway, stopped the car and then it wouldn’t restart at all.

My dad advised me to get a multimeter and a battery charger so I charged my battery fully up and checked it (12.96), started the car with nothing on (battery light and STOP on again), it held steady at 12.15. I then turned on the headlights and blower heater on max and it went to 11.67 and slowly dropping. Turned the car off and it rose to 12.47.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
36,890 Posts
Sounds like your alternator

1 - 2 of 2 Posts