Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, hope someone can help me with my car issue.
My 2005 Megane 1.6 petrol has a strange fault. When first started, the engine runs ok but if you press the throttle the engine seems to want to cut out. If you leave it for around 30 seconds you can rev it as normal.
Once it's warm the tickover seems really low, around 700rpm, and the car shakes as if it wants to cut out. Also when driving along (performance is good) it seems to hunt, but the throttle is really sensitive so could be this.
The coils have apparently been replaced recently (by the old owner) but this issue continues.
I've read that it could be the coolant temp sensor, but have since changed this, but no improvement. I've also cleaned the tdc sensor, but again no improvement.

Any ideas regarding this fault would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I've now changed the plugs and two of the coils as they did not look new to me, and still no improvement.

Please help!

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
It may be worth checking out the engine coolant temp sensor/s. If faulty the ECU may think the engine is eother always warm or always cold and not adjust the fueling correctly.

Have you checked the spark plug colour?:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, thanks for the reply. I have actually changed the temp sensor, and it made no difference at all. When I changed the plugs all were black / brown, which I thought was normal.
I also recently borrowed a ecu reader, and the only thing it seemed to pick up was a miss fire on number 4.
I don't really know which route to take now, as the coils and plugs have been changed.

Any ideas? Thanks

By the way the fault code was only available in freeze frame mode, not when reading the normal codes so I don't know for sure that the miss fire is correct.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts