Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week, I thought I noticed a fault with the drivers window not immediately operating when I pressed the switch. Pressing it again made it operate but the next time I went to use it, it wouldn't operate at all

There is no sound from the motor and thankfully the window is in the fully up position. I took the switch out of the door panel but with so many wires I wouldn't want to risk crossing the wrong ones in case I do damage

I've checked the fuses and they're fine

Any help appreciated.. :confused:

·
Universal
2,026 Posts
A common fault on the Megane, and usually it's the window regulator. We've had a few changed on our 07 Megane, and each time the window has refused to open or close it's been the regulator. Though one of the time's part of the wiring in the door also had to be replaced. Your lucky it was atleast shut when it died, as bin bag windows aren't very stylish... not even on the Megane :d

Even if the car is out of warranty, it's still worth calling Renault as sometime's they will pay 75% of the cost to repair it, and then you've also got a warranty on the repair.

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
I telephoned Renault customer care during yesterday (not about a window problem) after dialling and listening to the press this press this button or that button options :crazy:

I logged on to the fact that they had two specific options one for Megs and one for Scenic that had windows which were refusing to work.

I might be jumping to the wrong conclusion here however maybe Renault have recognised this problem & want to solve it, seeing that its a free phone # its got to be worth giving them a try.

;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did a search on Ebay and came across a 'Renault Megane/Scenic Electric Window Motor Repair Kit' for £49.99. I emailed the seller who also lives in N.Ireland. I called with him last night and he was able to replace it for £70 including fitting

He tells me that over 90% of these window issues can be fixed with this part rather than replace the complete Renault unit at over £200 + fitting + vat. The only problem (which he did tell me first) is that you can't use the '1 press' to put the window totally up or totally down, but its not a problem

I've no idea where this part is sourced from but I'm told it overrides / replaces the circuitry / relay which is the problem

Anyway, it works and hopefully this post might help someone else (though I'd recommend getting someone to fit it as it looked awkward enough)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts