Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Does anyone know the colour code for the plastic bumpers? I have contacted renault and they have told me that Black Meganes have colour coded bumpers, and they do not know of a code??????:crazy:

I am sure that this Grey must be a fairly standard colour, its just the lass has scuffed the rear bumper with the kids pram.

Or is it just worth getting renault rapide to sort it out? Are they any good???

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi the corner, no luck .... if the bumpers are indeed colour coded ie painted, then the code is the same paint code as the car, see your oval plate. If they are colour coded (painted) and textured like an Espace2, then its the same paint code with a texture agent added (available from Renault in 1ltr cans).

If its just the plain plastic bumpers (unpainted) then there are three colours available, the painted bumper comes in a pale white grey colour.

The plastic bumpers are available in Grey, Carbon and Blue. Your chassis number, oval plate and a Renault dealer will tell you which one you have, I'd guess if the car is black, its the carbon bumper moulding if its not painted.

Note the paint may need a plasticiser added for it to adhere properly to a plastic painted surface, again your dealer should be able to advise :rolleyes:

Hope it helps :)

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Have checked my database, and there are a lot of possibilities - is the damaged area the same colour as the rest of the car, or is it a grey plastic (i.e. rubbing strip) colour?

As previously mentioned, the plate on the drivers 'b' pillar should indicate this - strange Renault wouldn't know that?

A plasticiser wouldn't normally be needed if the area is prepped properly, and a normal primer is used beforehand. Plasticisers would normally be used if you were painting directly onto the plastic (without using a primer).

If you can answer my first question, and provide the code (i.e. MV 632), then I may be able to give you a paint code for the relevant part of your bumper (it will help narrow the search in any case).

Hope that helps,

Paul:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks............

The bumper is defo grey, and contrasts with the Pearl Black of my car.

Got in touch with the dealer and they said that there is no touch up Paint for the plastic bumpers and the scuffs will have to be sprayed at their bodyshop, guess they are just looking for the business. Great help :crazy:

Paint code on car NV676 DRAP07 HARM01

thecorner

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi there, I input the 676 (which is the paint code) NV just refers to the finish. For bumpers - there is a colour called "Gris Graine" - a single coat 'solid' paint - does that sound about right to you?

Renault may not supply the colour on a retail basis, but since they can get it for their own purposes - so could you!

I would suggest enquiring with a trade shop which makes up aerosols to order - they will be able to advise.

Something else which I meant to ask was - has the colour been removed by the scuff, or is it just the surface been blemished? Reason I ask, is that sometimes plastic trim is self-coloured all the way through, and that if this is the case, then the gentle application of heat (via a heat gun) can be all that is needed to get the surface & texture finish very close to its original state.

Out of curiosity - I charge £100 to refurbish a bumper (regardless of damage, its a full service), what's the dealer asking? (if I'm not being cheeky)

Post a pic if you can.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for advice....

The scuffs have taken the top surface off the rear bumper, leaving black marks, Renault have quoted £52 to repair scuffs as shown in the renault rapide video on their website.

Just find it irritating wish I had bought a plastic coating sheet for the bumper.

Think will go renault option!!!!!

Will try and get an image when get back home tonight.

the corner

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
If they are not too broad, you can always research the self-adhesive rubbing strip option this would add a preventative aspect to the repair in addition to costing circa £20.

Just another thought that you may not have considered.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Result - protective strip or repaint

hey the corner
I also have a Pearl Black S11 with scratch marks in the top surface of the rear bumper...the colour of my bumpers I'd describe as champagne grey..but is scratched enough to leave black lines all thru it..so did you get a rubbing strip or repaint

David Down Under

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
got the respray from renault minute (dealer) - did a good job and was fairly cheap - have now bought some clear plastic to cover the bumper to stop further buggy damage by wor lass...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Door moulding spray

Hello
I have a similar problem. We have a 2004 Scenic Dynamique and all Dynamiques and Privileges of that age appear to have the same graphite grey door mouldings and bumper colour. Need to replace the door moulding, went to local Renault dealer with Car Reg No. etc. hoping for same colour door moulding. Turned up BLACK (£43!) and was told you will need to have it painted! Double checked and told they all come in black. Dealer suggested local body shop who wants £40+VAT. Original door moulding doesn’t look sprayed to me but I could be wrong. Renault dealer told me no spray cans try Halfords. Is there a suitable spray can in the correct colour that will stick to the plastic? If so anybody got any codes of colour etc. Is it any good? Any tips?
Many Thanks
:steam:

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello
I have a similar problem. We have a 2004 Scenic Dynamique and all Dynamiques and Privileges of that age appear to have the same graphite grey door mouldings and bumper colour. Need to replace the door moulding, went to local Renault dealer with Car Reg No. etc. hoping for same colour door moulding. Turned up BLACK (£43!) and was told you will need to have it painted! Double checked and told they all come in black. Dealer suggested local body shop who wants £40+VAT. Original door moulding doesn’t look sprayed to me but I could be wrong. Renault dealer told me no spray cans try Halfords. Is there a suitable spray can in the correct colour that will stick to the plastic? If so anybody got any codes of colour etc. Is it any good? Any tips?
Many Thanks
:steam:

Hi Mickey,

When my 05 Scenic II was involved in an accident they ordered new rubbing strips which came in the correct colour for the Privilege model " Flint " I'm not sure if Renault are still doing this as the black seem to be a different texture as well.

Worth giving another dealership a phone and see what they say, maybe the first is covering for the wrong part ordered ?

We have a few members involved with body work so they might advise further.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
managed to get the remaining paint that the dealer used to fix scuffs will check to see if there is a code on it, when I get home tonight.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
I have the old Rubbing strips here and they are defo prepainted some numbers on them not sure if they are part numbers or not.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The paint I got from the respray of bumper

Paint Manufacturer - ICI
Paint Product - p426
Car Code - 205139
Ref No IRSMB

Dont know if this is any help but the respray is an exact match to rest of bumper and side strips.
:crazy:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looking at the tin, the grey paint for the bumpers was mixed by Supertune Automotive Ltd
Oldham Central Trading Park
Coulton Close
Oldham Ol1 4EB

Any help?

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
The paint I got from the respray of bumper

Paint Manufacturer - ICI
Paint Product - p426
Car Code - 205139
Ref No IRSMB

Dont know if this is any help but the respray is an exact match to rest of bumper and side strips.
:crazy:
Looking at the tin, the grey paint for the bumpers was mixed by Supertune Automotive Ltd
Oldham Central Trading Park
Coulton Close
Oldham Ol1 4EB

Any help?

Thanks for the info, this should be of great use to other Members .:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts