Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys if anyone could help please let me know, I've acquired the van and the gearbox I believe may be shagged, started with crunching into second when down shifting, no 5th gear, sometimes had to fight it to get it out of reverse, so I bought the correct tranself oil (expensive!) and started about removing the current oil, now according to Haynes all vivaro/trafic/ primastar gearboxes take 2.7l of oil yet when I drained mine almost 4 litres come out, I reffiled with 2.7 litres, the gears feel better lest stiff but second gear still crunches possible worse than before, so now I need to know if anyone has a ma ual or removal procedure guide I could follow so I can remove the gearbox and fit new? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
nissan primastar 1.9 2006
5 Posts
done this just last weekend

a bit fiddly but not a nightmare that most would have you believe, starter can be a bit awkward but should take no less than 45min-1 hour to remove

, remove the front end, then its the drive shafts, gear linkages, a couple of earths, cps, reverse switch, then pry the 'box from the block

pretty sure that was it, i did it myself on my drive, 'box can be a bit heavy to lift and align with the dowels when refitting but easily do able

·
Registered
5 Posts
crankshaft position sensor, 10mm bolt right at the front of the bellhousing

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah fair play top man thankyou! Is there anything specific to be careful of when doing it mate, also with front end off does the box come out front or down below, sorry if stupid question

·
Registered
5 Posts
'box goes down, its a decent weight but i can move it easy enough and im a 11 stone weekling lol

but make sure you unbolt the power steering pipes, 1 at the back and 1 one the side (13 & 16mm iirc) , you may need to pull the power steering pipe that runs along the front of the engine away a little to stop it catching the box when dropping it

·
Registered
5 Posts
no need to touch the rack....................ramp or no ramp :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One thing I've heard come up is bleeding the coolant system afterwards there's apparently there's 4 different bleed screws you need to do? Could you possibly shed some light? Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts