Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
The above headline is what the MOT report says - what needs to be done to have it repaired? Do I need a new spare wheel carrier?

Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
Just posted on your other thread..try and keep all stuff about your car in the same place rather than starting a new thread..馃槈

Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
Remove the carrier before the next MOT, cannot fail if it isn't there, sort the important stuff and get on to this once the MOT sorted.

Having said that, have you looked at it?
Similar to this?
Where are the cable ties?

Oh that type and not the one like I had from my clio..right load of :poop: that was..
If it is that type, the one linked says for a 2008 onwards?
Similar to my Sedona. On that there is a hook bolt comes from inside boot and hooks the carrier... loosen with wheel brace to lower the carrier enough to unlatch the hook, tighten to secure once the hook is engaged.
It may be that the hook bolt is missing or something at the back end where there are a couple of hooks, presumably to the bodyshell.
Or could be that someone added the cable ties for security and the MOT guy mis-interpreted what they were for.

Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
If it is that type, the one linked says for a 2008 onwards?
Similar to my Sedona. On that there is a hook bolt comes from inside boot and hooks the carrier... loosen with wheel brace to lower the carrier enough to unlatch the hook, tighten to secure once the hook is engaged.
It may be that the hook bolt is missing or something at the back end where there are a couple of hooks, presumably to the bodyshell.
Or could be that someone added the cable ties for security and the MOT guy mis-interpreted what they were for.
I remember those..as you say threaded bolt was screwed up with a brace..until the whole lot seized up..lol

until the whole lot seized up..lol
Not if you do a little preventative like greasing it once a year.
Thank you Phil. I will have the carrier removed as advised. to be honest I have no idea where the carrier is located
Have a look at it first.
Probably under the boot, could be something silly and paying someone to remove would be silly.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
I will also speak to the MOT tester to understand exactly what he means and what is needed to fix the spare wheel carrier issue. once again many thanks for your valuable advice.

I have been taken for a ride by the garage where I had a "full service" prior to taking the cat for MOT, it seems they never checked the lights and tyres being underinflated. and more. all which were supposed to be part of the "full service"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts