Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday, i had run my car dead low on fuel, must have been less than half a litre until it actually ran out (have actually run it out once :eek:) so i put some fuel in it, and the fuel gauge didn't move. it just sat on the bottom stop. wonderful. so after having a think about it, i reckoned i'd knackered the sender by having it constantly low on fuel for the past 2 years. (which was when i last had a job...) so i set about it, but thought i'd test it first. i got my haynes out and it showed no testing data on it, and there is no wiring diagram for the fuel sender. so i pulled the plug off, and then turned the ignition on, nothing happened, at this point i decided to move the car into the garage so i could have easy access to tools, so i hopped in, started up, and the fuel gauge went into a self test mode, empty-half tank- empty, repeat. so i swithced the ignition off, plugged it back in, turned the ignition on, and it showed 1/4 tank. very odd. anyone got any ideas on what went wrong, and why it started working again, so i can prevent it happening in the future???????????? ty.,

1 - 1 of 1 Posts