Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are old threads on this but no miracle cures for this problem yet I think. Lately my 1.6 laguna has started to cut out when coming up to junctions and/or roundabouts. After turning on the car it could drive for a couple of miles before you see the problem. When fully warmed up the problem also disappears.
I have had the car fully serviced, ran 2 diagnostic checks, and also got the trottle body cleaned. But the problem persists.
Its very irritating but also extremely dangerous, as it could cut out in the middle of traffic, I dread not think about it.
If any of you have had and solved this problem or have some advice, I'd appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Could be due to a faulty engine coolant temp sensor whereby the ECU always thinks the engine is always warm and therefore doesn't make any adjustments for cold running.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would this sensor issue not show up on a diagnostics test. There were no error codes displayed. The car has only done 60K kilometres, and I have yet to heard of any problems with 2006 - lagunas!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts