Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am currently having the old pedal to the floor problem with the clutch on my 2006 Master. I have purchased the new master cylinder and want to replace it. Do you think I should get myself a workshop manual to help me do this or is it a straight forward job of bleeding the system, swapping the cylinder and then refilling the fluid.........your valued experience is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

The actual replacement of the cylinder is very straight foward.The arm from the cylinder just clips off the pedal,as does the pipework,and then you just turn the cylinder and it comes away from the bulk head.

Bleeding it can be a pain sometimes,I'm not sure if there is a conventional bleed nipple that you unscrew or whether it's one of the new type ideas where you have to partially unclip the feed pipe to be able to open the nipple and allow the air to escape.Bleeding is a two man operation,one to work the pedal and one to release the air at the master cylinder.It may take a while,but eventually you'll get the clutch back working.A pressure bleeder would be an even better idea and saves a lot of hassle.

One thing you must watch is that when the pedal is reconnected to the cylinder,check that the clutch position switch on the pedal is working as it should.Usually the pedal springs up when you release the arm to the master cylinder and this pushes the switch pin back in to it's housing,meaning that when you reconnect it the switch is no longer activated by the pedal.This will cause performance problems,so it is important that the switch is re-adjusted after the job is done.The pin is on a ratchet mechanism and can be gently pulled out.You need to push the clutch pedal down,pull the switch pin out,and the allow the pedal to come back against the switch.You will here it 'click' as the adjustment is set.

All of the above is for a 2004 Master,I would think it's the same as your later van.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Lagdti, thanks for the info. Looks like if I don't need to bleed it then I won't!!! Had a quick look this morning and it looks pretty straight forward.....one pipe coming off the resovoir the over going to the gearbox.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive just had the same problem on my 53 model Master van!
Ime having the pipe popping out of the cylinder when i press clutch in all way!
the clip that holds pipe in place snaps ad the pipe popps out losing all the fluid and hence no clutch

1 - 4 of 4 Posts