Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have a 2007 Clio 1.6 Dynamique Auto.

So recently I've noticed my car feels sluggish when going up hills or pulling away and it feels a bit like it jumps from gear to gear and sometimes feels like its 'clunked' into gear. It also randomly speeds up too. (I'm a new driver so I hope I've described all that ok!) Occasionally it feels completely powerless when pulling away and then everything will catch up and it'll be ok again.

Now seeing "check gearbox" message on dashboard, no spanner or stop message. If I stop the car and restart the engine the message goes away.

Should I take it in for diagnostics or keep running it (could do without spending the £ at the moment!) has anyone had similar prob and what was the outcome?

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi
Might be a clutch problem, although not always true can you pull away in 3rd gear if so it could be the clutch, if it stalls then the clutch should be fine !!!

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Hi
Might be a clutch problem, although not always true can you pull away in 3rd gear if so it could be the clutch, if it stalls then the clutch should be fine !!!
it's a auto so disregard this

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Hello!

I have a 2007 Clio 1.6 Dynamique Auto.

So recently I've noticed my car feels sluggish when going up hills or pulling away and it feels a bit like it jumps from gear to gear and sometimes feels like its 'clunked' into gear. It also randomly speeds up too. (I'm a new driver so I hope I've described all that ok!) Occasionally it feels completely powerless when pulling away and then everything will catch up and it'll be ok again.

Now seeing "check gearbox" message on dashboard, no spanner or stop message. If I stop the car and restart the engine the message goes away.

Should I take it in for diagnostics or keep running it (could do without spending the £ at the moment!) has anyone had similar prob and what was the outcome?

Thanks!
quite a common thing renault autos that clunk into 3rd gear, its to do with the solenoids in valve block in gear box becoming sticky. I will try to find a link, BUT get your car scanned / inspected to confirm before splashing out on repairs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts