Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have a weird fault developed on my 2007 Clio (keyless model). I left the car in an airport long-stay car park for two weeks and on my return I opened the car with the key fob and the alarm sounded with the hazard lights flashing. I could not stop the alarm sounding and indicator lights flashing. After a few minutes the alarm would stop sounding and hazards stop flashing but they would randomly go off again themselves. However, I could start the car and drive it okay with the alarm and hazards going off. After a couple of miles the alarm stopped and the lights stopped flashing. After I got home and turned the engine off, the cars hazard lights now randomly go off on their own and after a while just stop then only to go off again at random intervals! Thankfully the audible alarm does NOT sound as well, just the hazards flashing on their own. The car was perfectly OK when I initially parked it in the car park. Does, for some reason, my alarm need resetting? Is so, how can I do this please. Help needed!

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,764 Posts
Have you tried opening all doors, boot, and bonnet, then closing them all.
Then lock and unlock your car with the remote.
See if that cures it

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,708 Posts
Have you had the battery tested ....Get a load test done on it..dont look for complicated issues first as most problems are usually the obvious ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts