Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all so I've got a 57 plate clio petrol and when I start driving after between 2 to 10 min I get this problem my front electric windows go down my hazard lights come on and the electric boot catch opens all at the same time all on their own it doesn't affect the car in any other way no limp mode no performance loss no stalling nothing can anyone help tia

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't really apart from stop the engine then put ignition to first position and close boot windows and turn off hazards but it carries on happening intermittently a right pain I was thinking of just disconnecting the windows boot switch and hazards but this defeats the object I presume as it all happens together they must be on the same loom or relay or something,i was thinking maybe a dodgy relay or a earth problem but in the dark completely

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,755 Posts
Something to do with the airbag system, ? wounder if it thinks
it's been in a bump?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's an interesting one Ralph it gives me something else to go at I'll try disconnecting the air bags and see if it stops it then if it does I know what to go at cheers

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,755 Posts
Be very careful with the air bag system you don't want it going off
I doubt disconnecting the airbags is the answer wile I would not be
surprised if it was something to do with that system it's not wise to
mess with it till you know more about it, have you by any chance
spilled anything in the cup holders in the center console if your car has
them.
Is there any dampness round the fuse box

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No dampness or spillages to what I know but I think I'm going to take out all plugs fuses relays and check then clean then re assemble maybe try a replacement fuse box I might un plug the ecu clean all the plugs maybe an ecu reset will help I know I'm clutching at straws I'm pretty competent round a car I've done pretty much everything from a to z at one time or another but this is a new one on me thanks I do appreciate all your input and suggestions

1 - 9 of 9 Posts