Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahoy there!

This is my first post, so I beg for clemency and a degree of leniency for requesting such information which has likely been covered, but I did a forum search and had zero results, hence throwing myself at your mercy for asking such an elementary question.

This is my first Renois and maybe I'm now a certifiable Lagunatic! I've just bought this car (64K) and was told it has a selectable standard/sport mode. Having trawled the manuals (paper and .pdf), I cannot find ANY reference to it at all!

I don't understand why there's nothing shown in the .pdf document search and TBH, it seems ridiculous to me, but I am a simpleton unlike the many technophobes who have a much greater understanding of such electromechanical gizmos's and gadgets.

I can turn off the traction control, but that's surely a different system, so I'm appealing for guidance as a newbie (61) Renois owner albeit I have a 2006 Citroen C5 HDi Estate 'hearse' which 'wafts' you over the lumps and bumps such is the superb suspension system, but I digress.

As a member of the great unwashed, I appeal to those of you that wouldest be so gracious to afford me the guidance of those so wise.

As a separate question, should I take any notice of the online reviews? How do owners of the Series II rate it? I checked the specs and it showed a list of options available, and mine has ALL of them, so a highly specced example.

Please be gentle :p

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,515 Posts
Having done some looking around, here is something for for you to try, Press the ESP button to turn partially off then press again and hold for about 5 seconds, it will then flash up in your dial with the orange skidding car and you should hear a beep. ( the car is now in Sports Mode )

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, there you are double oh seven!

I am most grateful for you putting your digits onto the keypad and furnishing me with the information that clearly is absent from the book of Renois the Great which is of the most puzzling kind.

I still have much to learn as it seems a degree in engineering and computer studies is required just to make an appently simple system operate without needing 10 minutes and 50 inputs in order to enable it to function, which in this case is the sat-nav.

Really! My Garmin system requires about 8-10 touchscreen presses for a new route/postcode/house number and the Go button which by comparison is so simple, why make it so over complicated to achieve the save thing? Clearly I have much to learn and understand, but in time I'll find what's necessary, functional and to operate without having to take 2 hours to work out and to navigate umpteen sub-menus.

Any insight regarding setup, operation, hidden settings and/or general advice will be welcome, so I hope (for now) that my foray into this brand has been a wise one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts