Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Few questions, have a megane as per title, bought it cheap at £500 with 92k almost 2 years ago as a car to keep miles off my other car. Seems to be holding up well and still looks presentable, engine seems solid, but is starting to feel a bit floppy/tired on the rare occasion it gets on a country lane, so rather than buy another banger for a grand I’m going to spend it on the megane. Open to suggestions on what to do, don’t want to make it look silly as I’m too old for all that lark, and don’t care about trying to make it go fast, already have a car for that. Just want it to look relatively standard but lose the tiredness and rattles.

wondering if anyone has put the R26 alloys onto a dci gt 150. Same stud pattern, just wondering how daft they’ll look with standard suspension on the gt. Had the alloys and leather interior from my old car sitting in storage for 5 years but only just decided to maybe take the time to do it.

What’s the best fix for the rubbish dipped beam? Is it just a case of getting the headlamps out and cleaning the projector lens or is new headlamps easier.

Where can I get the bush for the tie rod/steering rack?

What’s the oem brand for suspension components? Already have the front passenger corner stripped but rather than going for the cheapest/most expensive I just want to put the proper parts back (can’t see any branding on the bits I’ve took off)

Cheers

Tom

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Other niggles if anyone knows the fixes...

Rubbish surround on the gear stick gator.. been glued, punched, shouted at.. still comes loose.

Metal pedals rattle, think it’s the brake pedal. Can’t find anything loose.

Position 4 on blower doesn’t work, all the others do

Bumper sticking out proud of the wheel arch, resisting self tappers or a cable tie, is there a proper fix for it?

Taa much.

Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts