Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is the wrong area to post - new to these forums!

Bit of back story just for context, apologies for the paragraph!

Recently acquired a 1.2 2008 Renault Twingo - seemed like an alright deal at £700, 116k miles and was in decent nick.

After about 50/60 miles the electronics failure light & repair light came on, following that it started revving itself on idle & overall just wasn't a pleasant experience. A mate of mine had his suspicions it may have been the MAP sensor failing and advised me to replace that. During the process of trying to get the sensor out I snapped the top half off resulting in the plastic tube being stuck in its place.

Nearly managed to get it out but being the muppet I am I accidentally pushed down when trying to get it out and pushed it right into the intake mainfold.

Unsure of what steps to take from here as I've never really taken engines apart or would know how really, although would be up for learning! Looking for some advice on what steps I should take myself or whether I should just take it to the garage, though I believe starting it would result in the engine destroying itself.

Can attach pictures etc if required!

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
1,612 Posts
Safest to remove the air filter housing & rocker cover to remove the stub. Don't use Renault for the replacent as they charge around £90.00 for the part. I would not start the engine, just not worth the risk, find a mobile mechanic if you don't feel up to it. Best.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts