Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking at ways to reward some of the more helpful/active members of the forum and as Selwonk mentioned in the Rep thread, try to make these more meaningful.

We've yet to decide on the final format of these, but as a start point I would like to ask for your help in selecting the best technical advice/tip/post of the year. We're looking for the post that you feel really helped someone out, it could be a full how article or a single reply to a problem.

At this point I'm only looking for nominations, you can reply to this thread or PM me as you see fit

Any suggestions that you may have to the format of this award would also be appreciated. We haven’t even finalised the title yet, so there’s plenty to do.

Cheers

Pat

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
'Lagdti, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

a,no one likes you

b,your too stupid to understand it

c,both of the above'

(I added the last part on.:d)

·
Premium Member
16,417 Posts
I'd personally like to nominate Otto.

He has been more than a mod to me this last year, some PM help on some sensitive matters I didnt want on the forum.

I honestly do view Otto as a friend dispite living the MASSIVE gap apart and never meeting the man!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry Tigz, tho I'm sure that it's deserved, as I said in the OP were looking for a technical post rather than nominating a specific poster

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We're looking at two solutions (or I am):

vBExperience

This allows all sorts of different aspects to be automatically rewarded such as post count, length of time, activity etc. etc.

I believe it's also possible to purchase an award, which would fit in nicely with wanting to recognise specific users

This is just a toy really, but the features look really good

Thread of the week/month

I'm also looking at a system that will allows the community to nominate *any* thread as thread of the week/month

This is the more serious system, and we hope to use this to award users in a more tangible way

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry - re. thread of the week/month, voting will be restricted to the technical sections of the forum :)

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts

He has been more than a mod to me this last year, some PM help on some sensitive matters I didnt want on the forum.

I honestly do view Otto as a friend dispite living the MASSIVE gap apart and never meeting the man!
Do you mean massive AGE gap? :rofl:

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts

I appreciate your sentiment Tig's :eek:

Just glad to be of help to you or any other Member of the Forums in any way I can, I'm sure other members have aided each other in many ways since the Forums conception :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts