Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

I want to know if somebody has experiences with ECU remapping on this kind of engine Laguna III (2.0T 170HP )

On the other hand there are two different motor details from Renault:

a.) 2.0 L (1998 cc) 16-valve Turbo I4; 170 bhp (125 kW); top speed: 220 km/h (137 mph); 0–100 km/h; 9.2 s; 2007–

b.) 2.0 L (1998 cc) 16-valve Turbo I4; 205 bhp (150 kW); top speed: 232 km/h (144 mph); 0–100 km/h; 7.8 s; 2008–

These two motors are same or not ? Power changed by only ECU remapping or some engine parts are different, like using different size of turbo ?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
27 Posts
There are similars motors but not the same. More powerfull one have bigger turbo and bigger injectors for instance. I know someone who mapped 170hp to roughly 200hp and 320NM. No problems so far.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still no problem ? ;) second question can i get a part number of turbo and injector of 205HP motors ? I want to compare the parts are same or not ? I already asked to many authorised Renault service in Turkey but no one knows because that car never sold in Turkey...

·
Registered
15 Posts
My thanks to the subscribers for this informative detail on chipping.
I'm fortunate in having a very low mileage 2012 Lag 3 175 Initiale Estate Sports with every gadget in the book fitted. A great car in every respect. I had thought of chipping but it goes so well that I feel I should leave 'well' alone.

Derek M.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited by Moderator)
Dear Laguna Lover Friends

Finally i changed my car's turbo and injectors with Megane RS 225 HP. Everything was fine except ECU remapping.

I already contact with renault.com for technical help still waiting reply from them..

Please note this forum has no connection with the Renault manufacturer.

The request for security details are also not permitted.

Please read the forum rules.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i already change turbo and injectors but injectors ohms were different. then engine did not worked properly.

Do i need to change ECU also ?? or how can i find same ohms value and higher capacity injectors for may Laguna ???

Thanks and regards

·
Registered
15 Posts
Still no problems with car after remapping; -)
I would be interested to know how far the engine has been pushed to prove that it's still holding together. Could the remap be fraught with danger in damaging expensive internal parts ?
I feel this could be a tremendous gamble.

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
I would be interested to know how far the engine has been pushed to prove that it's still holding together. Could the remap be fraught with danger in damaging expensive internal parts ?
think you have the wrong end of the stick, there is nothing dangerous about remaps, unless its done by a muppet, wont make the slightest bit of difference to to the life of the engine

·
Registered
15 Posts
think you have the wrong end of the stick, there is nothing dangerous about remaps, unless its done by a muppet, wont make the slightest bit of difference to to the life of the engine
Many thanks for that valuable info, I was quite sure that remapping would have had a detrimental effect. Please tell me where I might learn a little more about this subject.
I'm interested because I have a 2012 Lag 3 175bhp Initiale and although nearer 90 than 80, I still have an interest in circuits !

Kind regards to all.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Derek,

My laguna is currently tuned to roughly 250HP and 360NM. Originally 204HP and 300NM. It's been few years since I did that and still no problems. It runs as it should:)
Your engine should easily take another 30HP - 40HP achieved by proper remap.
I know people who mapped their cars with same engine as yours.
Kind regards,

Pawel

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts