Independent Renault Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi Update on the 28 Aug 2020 Not had chance with the weather to go far in it about 25 miles seems okay BUT just started it today and the spanner and glow plug light came on and stayed on.
I have bought a OBD ll plug in code reader and the only code present is P0380 Faulty glow plug heater circuit ANY HELP as to what this means would be appreciated as my theory about the drive belts was wrong and the firm i bought a new primer pump from did not send the item so i am waiting to get my money back now for that --Looks like Patricalex1981 in his post could be right about it being the glow plugs or something connected with it all the time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hi Can anyone tell me what the relays are for to the right of the fuse box in order from left to right there is a little black one above the grey ones as well can't find anything in the hand book Movano 2463cc G9u650 120hp
thanks again for your time

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
3rd September 2020 I have checked all the glow plugs with a multi meter to check the resistance of the plugs, 3 of them are reading about 2 ohms and one no reading whatsoever and this is testing on the wire connection point on the plug to ground. this plug is number 4 cylinder ?? as you look at the engine from the front of the vehicle its the passenger side end of the engine,

So to me this means a open circuit so it's not drawing any current.

I proved it was this one by connecting a headlamp bulb 55 watt (to simulate a glow plug load) to the wire connection plug for the glow plug and the other side of the bulb to ground,

I switched on the ignition the bulb lit the glow plug light went out and the spanner light lit and went out on the instrument cluster and the engine started in the normal way, the bulb went out after about 90 seconds after starting,

I left the engine running for about 10 mins till it warmed up then switched off with no warning lights lit except the seat belt light. I will test it again tomorrow and start to soak the plug area in diesel and releasing fluid for a week then the fun begins GETTING IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!! WHY CAN'T GLOW PLUGS BE THE SAME SIZE AS A SPARK PLUG with easy access this job must be the nightmare of every garage shop around the globe!!!
More to follow in the next few weeks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
6 October 2020 Glow plug changed not by myself garage did the job the new plug cost £12.50 incl vat and £40 for fitting charge, the van was in about 5 days so I think they must have taken their time getting the old one out but I had kept putting releasing fluid around the plug for a week to see if that would help. At present it's going okay but i really need to take it on a long road test but all this Cov19 restrictions are getting in the way of doing this at present.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts