Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, hoping someone can help me.

I have a 2008 master which starts straight away every time but then cuts out as soon as its started.

Ive had the codes read and its showing df056 airflow short circuit to +12v

also df226 inlet flap short circuit to earth. ive disconnected battery for 24+ hours to clear ecu and its still the same.

prior to this fault the van ran very well with no symptoms. I drove to job came to go home 2 or 3 hrs later and this happened out of the blue!

Has anybody else had this problem or have any ides as to what it could be please?

·
Super Moderator
13,566 Posts
I'd be looking for Damaged wiring. Seems odd that one would Get TWO Shorts to earth.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes but 1 is to earth the other to +12v no previous symptoms and it does starts every time on the button

also registered same fault code df226 but said inlet flap circuit open or short circuit to +12v

·
Super Moderator
13,566 Posts
Sorry, Old G1t misreading. :frown2:
Will it run with the MAF unplugged?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just been out to it now and battery is low so cant say, itll probs be 2mo now before I can try it again unless battery is charged by about 7 or 8.
ill let you know asap,
ps ,appreciate the help :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
would you believe, my battery charger has died on me now arghhhhhhhhh I wondered why there were no lights on it last night, I assumed it was charged and was just on a trickle charge.

off to get a new charger now

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Nottnoc, battery fully charged and tried to start with maf disconnected. its still starting straight away even at-2
but just wont run. As soon as it starts it cuts out straight away!!
When the recovery guy came out to it when it broke down he sprayed easy start in the air intake and it ran for about 10 / 15 secs before it died so it cant be timing issue otherwise it wouldn't run would it?
I checked loom for any places where it could be chafing and found nothing, what can I try now?
the inlet flap code doesn't make sense either, as it wouldn't start if that was faulty would it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi folks, I'm after some more advice on my issue now I have a 100% battery again. its really puzzling to me why its doing this now after running sweet as a nut on the way to job, when I came to go home it starts fine then cuts out immediately, no warning signs at all prior to the fault!!!
I really need the van to go again so I can trade it in and buy a newer one, as a non runner won't be worth much :(
can anybody suggest what to try next please?

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,703 Posts
Would be checking the Wires going to the Maf

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi ours2012, I'm not sure how to, I'm not that hot on auto elecs. I have a multimeter, how do I check it and what readings am I looking for please?

·
37,703 Posts
Multimeter on DC. depending, most will have a setting for 20 volts, but just put the multimeter probes over the battery, and work out whats the best setting..

With ignition on, one wire will read 12v , one will read 5v one will be Earth..
Would be looking at the wires as they go into the multiplug

Will be 5 wires on it..
Number 3 is missing,
So you will have 1, 2, 4,5,6.
Once you have worked out where number 1 is,

Then Pin 1 = 4.8v tp 5.2 volts, Ignition on, plug disconnected
Pin 6 checking the Earth, less than 0.2 volts here
Pin 4 is as close as damn it to battery voltage, Between 12volts and 14, volts

Do these checks first,.
As pin 5 IS from ecu to the multiplug and its just to confirm a circuit, ( not a broken wire ) but these ecu's are not easy to get at

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for that info :) Ill get on it 2mo, but guess what, the battery in multimeter has gone and rusted the terminals and it doesn't work anymore, Im not having much luck at the minute am I, lol (apart from you guys on here helping me of course )
I'll pick one up from screwfix tomorrow and get back with results asap, thanks.

And yes the ecu is bolted to the inner wing under the headlamp housing and bolts will have to be drilled out to get at it!!

·
37,703 Posts
YEP you will need a multimeter when you own a car..

Dont go overboard on price, buy a cheap one, as the only two things you will ever use a lot of are dc volts and ohms..
Might now and again use amps..
Try not to spend more than a tenner,,

It will really be wasted money buying an all singing dancing multimeter..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No worries, had a few before but rarely use them more than a couple of times before battery bursts and kills them. The one Im getting is 8.59 that will be the most i've ever spent on one :laugh:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
got results finally was having a job finding decent earth. here are the readings
pin1 =4.87
pin2 =0.00
pin3 =absent
pin4 =12.47
pin5 =4.98
pin6 =0.00

Are these as they should be?

·
37,703 Posts
As close as damn it

Pointing to being your MAF sensor at fault...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok, do you think its worth giving it a blast of carb cleaner?

And what about inlet flap fault code df226? would this prevent it from running?

·
37,703 Posts
Damper valve is the inlet flap
Not sure where it is fitted on yours, but when you start the van, it allows air in, and engine runs , when engine is switched off, this valve shuts and stops air entering..
Might be a good idea to find this,,

You should have 12 volts at track 1 on the damper valve ,,

can you somehow remove it or hold the flap open with something.. Something that cannot get sucked in here,, Piece of wood , open the flap, and push the wood underneath the flap, flap cannot close, so will take a few seconds after ignition is switched off, for the engine to stop
( It will be situated in the INLET air supply)

Cannot find ANY pictures of what/where it is/looks like, and on the wrong part of the laptop to get at Renault software..
If no joy, post your Oval plate sticker, cover your VIN, its not fair having Admin & Mods messing about covering VIN up for members..
NOT saying it will be Today to check for you, but will deffo check tomorrow..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts