Independent Renault Forums banner

Where do you want the 2008 National Meet to take place?

• Goodwood Festival of Speed (Goodwood)

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • World Series by Renault (Silverstone)

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Silverstone Classic (Silverstone)

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • MPH Show (Birmingham NEC)

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • MPH Show (London Earls Court)

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Beware the evil space monkeys
216 Posts
I think it should be held somewhere in north wales then i dont have to drive for hours, lets face it, its all about me me me me:rofl:

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
MPH Show at the Birmingham NEC it is then :)

Thank you to those members that voted.

I shall start a new thread confirming this and for people to put their names down. Plenty of time to book some time off of work for people ;)

Can a Mod close this thread please :)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
We've never really been able to organise a national meet,what usually happens is that everyone says 'great idea,I'll be there' and then as things are organised people gradually drop out and it dies off.There have been pockets of local meets but nothing on a national scale.:eek:

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Just my 2p worth

Since we have now no one in charge there is no origination no center man to pivot on??its nothing to do with age as i go to other meets all across the Country and age is clearly not a factor as there is a wide range of ages go to both meets and track days,i think we need to build up local meets then working up to national but we have been here before but i feel it was not given a chance to develop and grow and because members come and go we are now back to square one:(

Cheers Donald

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Once my cars going properly and i have my tints, alloys and my fog lights to make my car look that little bit better ill help arrange one with a motivated well known forum member if anyones up for it? Ill help arrange a spot etc etc, maybe a rolling road event? :D Haha :D

Need to be a few people there and then maybe go to a pub for some lunch etc etc..

We should try sort something out though! Ive never been to one and id be up for it! Deffo be up for helping arrange it..

Donald and Lagdti fi your both up for helping ill help.. Ill get some advice off of another forum i use when they do there meets and copy there methods, wont mention a thing about the meet ill just search the forum and steel methods :p

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Once my cars going properly and i have my tints, alloys and my fog lights to make my car look that little bit better ill help arrange one with a motivated well known forum member if anyones up for it? Ill help arrange a spot etc etc, maybe a rolling road event? :D Haha :D

Need to be a few people there and then maybe go to a pub for some lunch etc etc..

We should try sort something out though! Ive never been to one and id be up for it! Deffo be up for helping arrange it..

Donald and Lagdti fi your both up for helping ill help.. Ill get some advice off of another forum i use when they do there meets and copy there methods, wont mention a thing about the meet ill just search the forum and steel methods :p
Thats the thing on this forum its free for all to organize meets so feel free although i think you have your hands full,i think you would be best working in a local area first and see how you get on from there,good luck!!

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I'm all up for meets and as you can see I tried to arrange one for last year but as it's already been mentioned, people seem to drop out.

I actually attended both the Renault World Series and the MPH show last year but never actually met up with anyone.

I've been to a meet on another forum recently and it was great to put real faces to names.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to attend the World Series in a couple of weeks time.....wasn't something being arranged for that? However, due to our money not yet coming thru. it looks as though it'll be me dropping out this time [hopefully not] as I'll have to spnd our spending money on retaxing the Gal :(

But, as I said, I'm always up for meets and depending on the notice given can travel a good 200 miles to get to one but it'd have to be at a decent event to make it really worthwhile travelling that far ;)

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
I was thinking of finding some good roads to drive about on and meet up at a location, maybe a coastline somewhere..

A place where we can relax after driving and admire each others cars etc etc but i have no idea where so any ideas would be good :D Or maybe go to a car show..

Get a banner with Renault Forums on is with the same theme as the forum and put it around somewhere and all meet at that spot :D Be quite good :D

·
Random Visitor
2,610 Posts
I'm all up for meets and as you can see I tried to arrange one for last year but as it's already been mentioned, people seem to drop out.

I actually attended both the Renault World Series and the MPH show last year but never actually met up with anyone.

I've been to a meet on another forum recently and it was great to put real faces to names.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to attend the World Series in a couple of weeks time.....wasn't something being arranged for that? However, due to our money not yet coming thru. it looks as though it'll be me dropping out this time [hopefully not] as I'll have to spnd our spending money on retaxing the Gal :(

But, as I said, I'm always up for meets and depending on the notice given can travel a good 200 miles to get to one but it'd have to be at a decent event to make it really worthwhile travelling that far ;)
only 2 of us went to mph last year and i forgot to organise the actual "mmet" lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
why not do a camping weekend instead? more people might turn up, you can go for drives etc. Might get more interest. I help run a smart forum, and we did one in the lake district in May, was brilliant fun :)

21 - 40 of 44 Posts