Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have just bought the car from a garage dealership After my Skoda Fabia greenline estates camshaft went and killed the engine 2 days before Christmas. I scraped together as much money as I could and bought the renault. Test drive went well and took it out down duel carriageway onto country lanes and then trough housing estate to give it a good test and all felt good, Back at the dealership and negotiated new cambelt and waterpump to be fitted too due to age and mileage 75k and nearly 12 years old. Picked up the car and drove it home and it felt a bit tighter than i remembered but thought it might be just because I was used to a faily sloppy / easy skoda steering but over the last few days the steering hs become harder and harder on left hand turns, sometimes its ok then others its like trying to turn a house on casters and takes a lot of effort with two hands. reading the handbook its also supposed to be light at low speed and for parking which its not. Any idea what could be the problem. I am looking to approach the garage where i bought it but it only come with a 3 months warrenty for engine and gearbox. could the issue be linked in anyway to having the new cambelt and waterpump fitted ? sorry Im not a mechanical person. ( I have looked at some other threads that talk about pas pump and steering rack but does this sound the same ? cheers in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Hi Jac14 and Welcome to the Forum :)
Bring it back and let them sort it. The cambelt and pump should have nothing to do with it unless they messed something else up in the the process. Either which way this is what that warranty is for and the ball is in their court.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts