Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! This is my first post on this forum and I am hoping someone can help.

I live in Mexico and purchased a 2009 Clio II Automatic in Feb 2017 in Mexico City. I moved to Puerto Vallarta (an 11 hour drive) and since then Ive stayed here. In the last couple of months Ive started to have issues when starting the car when warm. By warm I dont mean weather, the weather here is tropical and always warm, I mean that after driving the car (it can even be for 20 minutes) for a bit, when I go back to restart the RPMs drop and the car stalls. The only way around it is to have my feet on both pedals and put the car into gear. Once its in gear it is fine, I can be stopped at a red light shortly after and no problem. Its only on the intial start when the motor is warm.

Hoping for some advice or from someone who has had a similar experience. I appologize in advance if I have forgotten any details...

Thanks

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,733 Posts
If the car starts ok, after standing/not been used for 8 hours or so, then check engine coolant temperature sensor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts