Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I hope you can help me with a quick question. Is there a "poverty" spec Laguna Coupé TomTom edition which doesn't have cruise control?

I've a Coupé with cruise control buttons on the steering wheel but without the switch beside the electronic handbrake to activate the system.

Instead I have what appears to be a factory fitted "blank" moulding. This takes the same form of the switch that I've seen in photos but has no markings and doesn't operate in any way.

The alternative that I don't want to think about is that someone has gone "the extra mile" to hide a cruise control system fault....

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
I would suspect it's an option that wasn't fitted. There are brochures available online for your car where you could check. Try the Renaultsportclub site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would suspect it's an option that wasn't fitted. There are brochures available online for your car where you could check. Try the Renaultsportclub site.
Thanks for that two dogs. The Renaultsportclub site does show the cruise control as an option. The bit I don't get is why Renault would fit a steering wheel with non-functional cruise control buttons that can only confuse a driver when they took the trouble to fit the control switch "blank". Why not have blanks fitted to the steering wheel too?

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,703 Posts
Is it possible the steering wheel has been changed, and the only one available was with the buttons installed..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it possible the steering wheel has been changed, and the only one available was with the buttons installed..
Yup absolutely, that must be a possibility but it's surely no more likely than the cruise switch being swapped for a blank?

Two more references;
Parker's are listing Cruise Control in the basic equipment list that is "standard across all versions of the Renault Laguna Coupé (08-12)"

Laguna Coupé brochure dated Jan 2011 has cruise control as standard fit on both Dynamique TOMTOM and GT LINE TOMTOM models

Still hoping to flush out a Coupé owner that's equipped like mine or a reference to where it's explicitly stated.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Well it sort of is explicitly stated in the brochure that it was an option in the coupe that year and I have seen other cars with steering wheel switches that are not connected from new. The good news is that you are probably wired up for CC if you want it. Also you state yourself that the blank cover looks like a factory fit. I don't think those covers would be easy to find if I was needing to cover up a hole where a switch used to be.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it sort of is explicitly stated in the brochure that it was an option in the coupe that year and I have seen other cars with steering wheel switches that are not connected from new. The good news is that you are probably wired up for CC if you want it. Also you state yourself that the blank cover looks like a factory fit. I don't think those covers would be easy to find if I was needing to cover up a hole where a switch used to be.
OK I've just seen the Nov 2008 Brochure and you're right, it's an option. The other references threw me a bit.

I'll take your word on seeing other examples of steering wheel switches being fitted which aren't connected. I've not come across any myself and I just cannot understand the logic of it from the manufacturers viewpoint. Talk about a recipe for trouble...

Good point re the blank cover for the control switch and potential that the wiring is there. I'm now tempted to lift that blank and go looking for a connector!

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Or maybe the airbag went off and someone found a replacement steering wheel to fit??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts