Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning folks I'm looking for some advice. 2009 megane coupe 131k miles has a popping creaking sound when I turn the steering wheel. No sound when driving straight but I'm worried about it. It's had track rod ends, front shocks, arms and discs etc changed. Took back to garage and they could find nothing cracked, broken or burst and they just greased the struts. It was okay for a day or 2 but noise is back. Could it be a bearing plate - I don't want to keep going back and forth to mechanic like a paranoid female and most importantly of all IS IT SAFE TO DRIVE?

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,252 Posts
Ah greasing the struts is the give away here..dry upper suspension mount/mounts..might need replacing unless your happy to hear the groaning..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply - is that a big expensive repair as car is only worth £1200 and also is it safe driving?

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,252 Posts
Both suspension legs off ..compress springs and change mounts and then refit legs..about 1 hours 30 mins labour plus parts and vat..get your garage to give you a quote..no problem driving rubber on the mounts have gone dry by the sound of things

1 - 4 of 4 Posts