Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 471 Posts

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 Megane Coupé

Well I've finally picked up the car :d

Nice quick handover of my Civic and as we were driving out it was already gone and into there workshop to do what ever they wanted to it to prep it for sale :(

The Megane was originally priced at £8600 but was reduced to £6000 as Wilsons in Epsom were running one of the 'red hand' sales :)

But I digress.....Below is my shiney new car :D

Now I' not entirely sure about modding it as I am not too sure how long we are keeping it. But myself and partner are already eyeing up a new stereo and speakers...as to be honest the sound quality out of the Renault Speakers is shocking lol

Maybe some new alloys as well as some lowering possibly.......

Dealership sorted out and changed the front tyres as well as replacing a handle on the side of the drivers seat that was missing. Service was also carried out as it would seem the original owner had driven 26,000 miles without servicing it :eek:

Overall very pleased with it and it drove smoothly on the way back into Central London. Big test for it will be over the weekend as we are going to Hastings over the weekend and then going into Brighton to visit relatives and then the trip back home.

One thing i do like is the lights that tell you to change gear to be more economical as thats exactly the reason I changed from my Type R :d

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: 2009 Megane Coupé

By the way is there a button/Option to make the steering a little heavier? As i've been used to driving on 19" rage alloys I had on my Civic and now the steering on the Megane seems ultra light lol

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Oh yeh I do don't I lol

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Unfortunately not, I live in Central London so parking is a bit of a premium (£160 a year to park outside your own home lol)

Fortunately we live in a nice part of London where by its pretty much a road that loops round on itself and is far enough off main roads for us to get very little traffic :)

Ive got over my fear of leaving the car outside when I had my Type R lol i was up and down every 5 minutes from the sofa at the slightest noise thinking some one was out to scratch the paintwork ha ha! But its all perfectly fine :d

·
Premium Member
8,987 Posts

(£160 a year to park outside your own home lol)

:eek:

Well at least there's one benefit of living in a cave in a remote area, I never lock mine at home, I take the keys out though!

Even the postman never knocks when he delivers a parcel, he just bungs it in the car.

:)

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts

very nice

I so wish I still had my Meg, old as she was, not a thing wrong, no rust anywhere, only thing I needed was two front seats as the tilt handles had snapped due to the plastic going brittle (two 2nd hand seats were less than getting the dealership to fit new handles!!)

have fun with yours, if I ever have the means again, I'd :hug: a Meg 3 CC...I think I've got a long wait

karen xx

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thanks guys :) yeh I know £160 is complete pain but without that little badge you get off the council they will lift your car and impound it without a second glance lol
(I know because we have seen it happen only just last week to some one lol)

Im hoping that everything is okay with the car in the long term as It was a bit of a price drop from £8600 to £6000 I am just hoping its because they had new stock and they wanted space on the forecourt. Everything was HPI clear and the only thing was that it hadnt had a service in 26,000 miles. They have done the service so I am hoping we have picked up a bargin and not a car thats got issues. But only time will tell on that :) for the moment everything is hunkydory :d

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

3 months, so if there are any issues I would hope they would show in that period lol

·
Super Moderator
8,480 Posts

Snoopy that's a beaut matey.

I know it may sound daft but there are no tweeters in the dash :confused: ,, if you flick the covers off you will see what I mean.
The wires are there though for them so I bought a set from off Ebay and to be fair mate the sound is 100% better.

You will get used to the steering too buddy, I was the same as you cause I had Type R Alloys on mine and when I got in this it felt really light but give it a couple of days and you will love it, it weights up nicely when you have pulled off and the quicker you go.

Stu

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Thanks Stu I'm hoping ive picked up a good one :D

I think the speakers will defintely get changed all round as there is absolutly no bass to them at all, it kinda reminds me of the speakers i had in my Austin Metro in terms of quality lol

I probably will get used to the steering, its just that its so light lol

Out in an hour for my weekend away, itching to get into the car to drive it again lol

·
Premium Member
6,369 Posts

grats:

1.There is apparently a "bose" option now on all new ones and top specs have it as standard.
ie no seperate bose spec/imusic arkadyis models anymore.

My sound,is of the crappiest spec also, but since I last had a cassette/radio with blown speakers,it seems pretty good :d

The handle,if its on the centre tunnel side is for the lumbar support.Mine is now stored under the seat as it was loose from day 1 ;)

scrolling thru posts I see its a 1.6 petrol ;)

Dont know much about the petrol, but I have seen a "fleet" service internal memo from a co. that runs 1.5 dci meg 3's
never let service interval exceed 12.500 miles.
Allways change cambelt at 60,000
so dunno on petrol.

The steering is very light ,even with big alloys and tyres on,at low speeds ,but as mentioned above it does firm up a lot at speed.
The "sampling time" of the electronic sensor is supposed to be 50% more frequent than the Meg II,better weighting responsivesness.
Thats according to renault blurb :d

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Guys seen to have hit an issue....

Got a 'check anti-pollution system' orange message come up with the engine symbol and spanner any ideas as to what it could be? :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
8,987 Posts

Guys seen to have hit an issue....

Got a 'check anti-pollution system' orange message come up with the engine symbol and spanner any ideas as to what it could be? :(

OH NO!

Probably coil failure, is it misfiring, losing power?

Don't know what the spanner symbols for though, something to do with servicing?

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Cars driving absolutly fine which is whats mystifying......

·
Premium Member
8,987 Posts

Cars driving absolutly fine which is whats mystifying......

Cat' failure which will expensive for the garage to replace or one of the 02 sensors, that's my experience...

If it starts misfiring STOP & call your breakdown people, (if you have cover) unburnt fuel passing through the cat' destroys it in a short time.

·
Super Moderator
8,480 Posts

If you scroll through the menu on the end of the Wiper Stalk how long does it say you have until the next service?

Stu

1 - 20 of 471 Posts