421 - 440 of 476 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #421
Re: 2009 Megane Coupé

Glad to hear the Megane is still doing great
I have had mine just past 2 years,what a quick couple of years

Car sitting at 24800,was at 9500(roughly) when I got it. My mileage is also very low and my mpg is at a constant 33.4 mpg

Not much in updates really,car continuing to run well, still love driving it. Has up until recently been well cleaned and polished but have had so many scratches on it I don't really bother these days doing the outside. Every week there appears to be new scratching,most recent these so don't feel there is a point bothering. It really annoys me as they always happen outside my house! Some horrible folk out there.
Front passenger

Rear passenger

Only other change for my Megane is my boot now has a permanent dog crate.

We suddenly lost our beautiful lab in March to illness,very hard but she never really enjoyed going in the car. We decided we couldn't really not have a dog so welcomed a new one who loves travelling. Boot is well and truly taken lol

Now I'm on the look out,kind of for a more dog friendly car. Have my eye on the clio estate. Not so much a nice looking car but big enough for the dog without being big. I don't like big cars lol
Tell me about it TTFan........ive got this on the front arch drivers side due to sodding kids playing down our street:

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1741786&postcount=377

Still have yet to do anything about it due to lack of money :(

Sorry to hear about your dog :( but your new one looks lovely :d Have you thought about getting a Megane Estate with some GT-Line trinkets on it? would be sporty looking and be a bit bigger than a Clio Estate.

Love to have the MPG at 33 as an average but travelling to and from work kills it for me due to having to sit in London traffic which is a killer on the mpg lol oh and my car hasnt been cleaned in nearly 5 months and is looking grotty inside and out, but the grey paint work hides a multitude of sins that other colours would show up instantly lol

·
Read Only
300 Posts
There are people out there that have nothing better to do than damage other people's property! Where my car was parked whoever it was couldn't have done it by accident,I also have them on the back bumper aswell!

I had a look at the Megane but feel that's just a bit 'too big' I have been looking at the Clio gt line or a dynamique Tom Tom. Although I do low mileage now I have decided to look at diesel as expect my mileage and journey times to increase with travelling all over Scotland with my 16 yr old playing football plus once pup old enough will be looking into gundog or agility training.

The Clio estate is not a desirable car so there are bargains to be had. I was always in the past keen to have a nice clean car and was also far too house proud. After losing our dog it made me realise there are more important things in life than moaning about a few dog hairs! The Megane will either get traded( not keen as will get peanuts for a car only having less than 30k) or my nearly 18 year old will get it once he passes his test.

Not in a hurry at the moment but will need to have a good look once pup outgrown crate :)

·
Premium Member
8,480 Posts

Glad to hear the Megane is still doing great
I have had mine just past 2 years,what a quick couple of years

Car sitting at 24800,was at 9500(roughly) when I got it. My mileage is also very low and my mpg is at a constant 33.4 mpg

Not much in updates really,car continuing to run well, still love driving it. Has up until recently been well cleaned and polished but have had so many scratches on it I don't really bother these days doing the outside. Every week there appears to be new scratching,most recent these so don't feel there is a point bothering. It really annoys me as they always happen outside my house! Some horrible folk out there.
Front passenger

Rear passenger

Only other change for my Megane is my boot now has a permanent dog crate.

We suddenly lost our beautiful lab in March to illness,very hard but she never really enjoyed going in the car. We decided we couldn't really not have a dog so welcomed a new one who loves travelling. Boot is well and truly taken lol

Now I'm on the look out,kind of for a more dog friendly car. Have my eye on the clio estate. Not so much a nice looking car but big enough for the dog without being big. I don't like big cars lol
Does my head in when sad people do stuff like this..

Sorry to hear about dog tt! New little fella looks lovely though..
Stu

·
Premium Member
8,480 Posts

That it has fella :) I think ive been through 4 tyres due to getting stuff stuck in them, 2 MOT's, and a few other bits and pieces might actually get me folder out and see how much its cost me over the two years :d
You don't know how much I miss mine mate:(

Out of all the cars that I've owned this is one of the very I ever regret getting rid of :(

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #425

You don't know how much I miss mine mate:(

Out of all the cars that I've owned this is one of the very I ever regret getting rid of :(
Ahh feel for ya fella i really do :( But the Corsa is treating you good though?

Just had Insurance renewal come through from The AA £470!!!! Im only paying them £270 at the moment!!

Jumped on comparison websotes and everyone is quoting roughly the same.....Did i miss something where by the whole of my postcode had their cars stolen?!?!

Going to try again towards the end of the month and pray it gets cheaper.....

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
25,823 Posts

Just had Insurance renewal come through from The AA £470!!!! Im only paying them £270 at the moment!!

Jumped on comparison websotes and everyone is quoting roughly the same.....Did i miss something where by the whole of my postcode had their cars stolen?!?!

Do what ??
Assuming no claims or points, I thought it was more or less static at the moment.
Did mine earlier in month and price had dropped.
Plus 2-1 movies courtesy of the meerkats :d

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
5,045 Posts

I had a similar renewal letter from LV a few years ago, rang them up and told them I wasn't going to renew unless they radically changed their quote, and I'd be checking on them very year after. They actually amended their quote to cheaper than I was paying ( they tried to claim I'd got a multicar policy-hence the price. I pointed out that was wrong and if it was the case they owed me money as I had two policies with them for different cars) have done likewise each year since. Some companies prey on people, hoping they're naive enough to accept huge increases in their premiums. LV don't appear on most comparison websites and are really good price wise so I recommend you ask them for a quote. Check every year though, whoever you insure with.

Regards yamfan

·
Premium Member
8,480 Posts

Like you say Snoop keep trying it every other day..

I bought my daughter a KA just before I went in hospital and we got a quote off of these comparison sites and it went £80 dearer over night but the week after it was nearly £300 cheaper :eek:

Also ring the AA up and tell them your thinking of leaving them because of the price hike and you have had much cheaper quotes off other sites around the same price you paid last year ;)

Stu

·
Registered
18 Posts

Hi guys, been reading this thread recently as the opportunity's arisen for me to get my hands on an 2010 1.6 110 i-music coupe.

Although i absolutely love the look of the car, I'm still in 2 minds and just not sure if it's a good move. So hoping with you guys driving similar versions can help answer a few questions.

Currently i'm driving an 02 1.9 passat (130bhp) and i travel 50miles round trip each day to work. Being an older model i'll admit it costs me a fair bit in maintenance each year but i like the size and the power being there when needing to overtake.

What i'm worried about.....

1. Mileage wise, roughly how many miles should i expect to get from a full tank? I realise it'll have a lot to do with how i drive it but i'm interested to know how sore the change will be on my pocket going from Diesel to Petrol :) (At the minute i'm getting about 630miles from a full tank in the passat - 62 litre tank)

2. How does the 1.6 petrol version perform accelerating? Is there power there when you need it?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #430

Hi guys, been reading this thread recently as the opportunity's arisen for me to get my hands on an 2010 1.6 110 i-music coupe.

Although i absolutely love the look of the car, I'm still in 2 minds and just not sure if it's a good move. So hoping with you guys driving similar versions can help answer a few questions.

Currently i'm driving an 02 1.9 passat (130bhp) and i travel 50miles round trip each day to work. Being an older model i'll admit it costs me a fair bit in maintenance each year but i like the size and the power being there when needing to overtake.

What i'm worried about.....

1. Mileage wise, roughly how many miles should i expect to get from a full tank? I realise it'll have a lot to do with how i drive it but i'm interested to know how sore the change will be on my pocket going from Diesel to Petrol :) (At the minute i'm getting about 630miles from a full tank in the passat - 62 litre tank)

2. How does the 1.6 petrol version perform accelerating? Is there power there when you need it?

Thanks!
Hiya fella, :)

Mileage depends how you drive, on long motorway drives in France last year i saw close to 440 miles on the tank and still had more to give as the range on the trip computer showed 525 miles at a steady 70 mph. For myself pottering about in the streets of London everyday to work (16 miles total each day) i get around the 360 mile mark.

In answer to your other question.............Its a 1.6i engine in a car that weighs 1300kg approx, it accelerates, but please don't expect hot hatch levels of performance. The 0-60mph is 10.5 seconds and that should give you an indication of in gear speed.

Its a very comfortable cruiser on the motorway i will say that after nearly 6 hours on French motorways covering 440 miles i was totally refreshed the other end :)

Reactions: gazza1978

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts

Like you say Snoop keep trying it every other day..

I bought my daughter a KA just before I went in hospital and we got a quote off of these comparison sites and it went £80 dearer over night but the week after it was nearly £300 cheaper :eek:

Also ring the AA up and tell them your thinking of leaving them because of the price hike and you have had much cheaper quotes off other sites around the same price you paid last year ;)

Stu
When I got my Meg in 2005, the traditional insurance company I was with told me I would be paying £600 a year (no penalty points, no accidents or other claims, full licence since 1987)?? As it was mid policy year, I had to put up with it for about 7 months, then changed (did the comparisons myself) to a supermarket offering, just over half what I had been paying. So, down to £330 a year. Now they have p!$$ed me off once too often, so got a quote elsewhere, £213 a year, and for more cover than I currently get, includes free travel insurance, like-for-like hire car, etc.,

Karen x

Reactions: snoopy25

·
Registered
18 Posts

Hiya fella, :)

Mileage depends how you drive, on long motorway drives in France last year i saw close to 440 miles on the tank and still had more to give as the range on the trip computer showed 525 miles at a steady 70 mph. For myself pottering about in the streets of London everyday to work (16 miles total each day) i get around the 360 mile mark.

In answer to your other question.............Its a 1.6i engine in a car that weighs 1300kg approx, it accelerates, but please don't expect hot hatch levels of performance. The 0-60mph is 10.5 seconds and that should give you an indication of in gear speed.

Its a very comfortable cruiser on the motorway i will say that after nearly 6 hours on French motorways covering 440 miles i was totally refreshed the other end :)
Thanks Snoopy. Don't get any motorway miles but most of it is out of town driving so hopefully won't be too sore on me.

Picking it up tonight and get a bit of motorway so should get an idea of acceleration from that.

Insurance was £308 (It was actually 26p more than the Passat which I won't complain about :d!)

At 5 years old now should I be looking at changing the timing belt and waterpump? Any idea what sort of rough costs should I be looking at for that?

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #433

Funnily enough i can answer that local garage want over £520 for the belt and pump......spoke to renault last year who wanted £399 and £100 for the pump so very very simliar prices. Need to get mine done at some point either this year or the very early part of next year....

Reactions: gazza1978

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #434

Well another update from me :d

Had to have the front discs and pads changed as basically pedal feel and stopping was getting a little dicey lol £221 for front pads and discs :( just wish i could do things like this but i wouldn't even have a clue as to where to start.
Pedal feel is much much better now as is stopping lol

and then the inevitable happened ..................... :mad:

Half way into my journey into work on Wednesday i hear a thud.....thud......thud.....thud.....continously now im thinking imediately i hope nothing has broken on the car. Get to the car park have a look round the car everything seems fine and dandy.......or is it........ :confused:

Come back to my car after work has finished to see this:

Rolling my eyes and letting out a deep sign i get the spare wheel out and change the tyre. Only to be greeted by this in the flat tyre:

WTF it is i really don't know i need a pair of pliers to pull it out and see what it actually is, im so peed off its just sitting in the boot :mad:

So change the wheel and contemplate having to find £40 again for another tyre :mad:

The very next day i pick up a screw in the shoulder of the other tyre that i have only had on since March aaarrrrgghhhhhhhh!!! No pictures due to me feeling picked on by life :(

So paid out £40 for a part worn Pirelli P7 tyre (actual name escapes me at the moment though) to replace the tyre with the screw in it. ]Next weekend ill get the tyre with the huge lump of metal in it changed as well, im praying it hasn't gone through to the alloy and put a hole in the alloy as ill be driving round on the spare for another year if thats happened.

Oh and found out my local garage wants £586 to change cambelt and water pump........ :eek:

Thats something to save up for towards the end of the year instead of Christmas :rolleyes:
Well had to get this tyre sorted on Thursday.....why?......because i seem to have picked up a sodding drill bit in one of my other tyres :( my luck seriously doesnt change :( On the spin side at least i found out what went through this tyre.......unbelievably a sodding yale door key!! :eek:

Managed to pick up a part worn tyre of dubious make for £35 which has turned out to be a 'winter' tyre ......Didn't have time to check what they had given me at the time as i was in such a rush needing to get to work (having borrowed MIL's car to take the tyre up to the tyre place and needing to get back as quick as poss so she could go to work) So not a good start to Thurday :mad:

·
Premium Member
8,480 Posts

With your luck with tyres Snoop you need to pop down B&Q and get some solid rubber wheel barrow tyres :d

Only kidding mate and I feel for you having to keep forking out for tyres... Sometimes it's worth keeping an eye out on eBay buddy for a set of alloys..

I sold mine like many do when they upgrade and I sold mine ( identical to your wheels ) with new tyres for £130 I think..

But don't forget you could sell your old wheels back on to get some money back,, even scrap you'd get £15 a wheel so you should get £70-£80 back for yours if you sell them separately as a "full alloy spare" ;)

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
5,045 Posts

Stu is right if you can afford to get a set of spares, but if you just want new tyres and you're not fussy about having the top brands try ringing around local tyre shops for quotes. I know I'm not in London but my GS takes 17" XL rated tyres which are serious money if you want top brands. I trusted my local tyre shop and got new "mid range" tyres for £45 each, mines only a 1.5 diesel people carrier that isn't thrown around country lanes so it hardly needs sporty tyres. The tyres I got are superb in the wet, quieter than the continentals on it, and handled the country lanes of Devon for two weeks with ease, I really can't fault them.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #437

Happy new year all! :d

Work Commitment and a hectic life has led to me not being on the forum as much as i would like :)

No updates on the car, its running fine though and im still running on the spare wheel at the moment due to not having time/money to get it replaced lol Car is performing admirably though and hasn't missed a heartbeat :)

Me however...urrrgghhh........Have had to have another operation on my knee last week due to the previous op two years ago not working :( Basically ive had to have the cartilage in my knee trimmed back again as it was interfering in the operation and mechanics of my knee giving me incredibly sharp pain when walking....

So im laid up again with my heavily bandaged leg on the footstool, going through boxsets on Sky like there is no tommorow and playing as many games on the Xbox One as i signed of for a month from work lol although going by last time it could be a hell of a lot longer lol

So what have I missed any juicy gossip? lol

Reactions: stuart j

·
Premium Member
8,480 Posts

Hi Snoop.

Glad car is still going strong and no problems buddy..

Sorry your not too good though mate,, having said that finding time for a bit of gaming isn't such a bad thing:d

Happy new year matey..

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #439

Hi Snoop.

Glad car is still going strong and no problems buddy..

Sorry your not too good though mate,, having said that finding time for a bit of gaming isn't such a bad thing:d

Happy new year matey..
Hiya Stu and happy new year!, Sorry for the late reply what with having my leg rested up and still causing me considering a lot of pain alongside multiple hospital visits this week i forgot to come back and reply to you :eek:

Knee is still causing a lot of pain and is a lot worse than the previous operation. Im kinda hoping that this is because they have had to do a lot more routing about, etc, etc and caused a lot more bruising than previous. Still doesn't feel 'right' but ill see what happens in the coming weeks....

Hows you these days with your health? Just caught up on the Fiesta Thread and it seems like apart from a little hiccup with the crank oil seal everythings all good with the car :d

My Megane Coupé has just been sat outside and hasn't been used since the 27th December lol What with Christmas and this operation in the very early part of January. OH doesnt drive so its just been sat there, im crossing fingers that it starts first time and the battery hasn't drained :crazy: It actually isn't too dirty either which is pretty good, alloys are caked in dirt splashes but body work has remained unscathed yay! lol

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #440

Well time for an update.....

Well there is no update lol Car has sat still since 27th December due to Christmas and operation on me knee on the 4th January.......and there it has sat since :(

Basically I haven't been able to drive in the last two months due to my knee and the car hasn't moved at all as my partner doesn't drive. Given that my knee is now feeling much better at the moment I have a trip planned for Thursday to the coast to see some family and get some fresh air :d although I did sneakily put some petrol in it from the Jerry cans that the MIL got recently as I knew the car was out of petrol anyways lol (will have to replace that without her knowing lol)

I'm crossing fingers that it starts first time given that its the longest I have ever left a car without starting it lol otherwise the AA are getting a call out.

Car is currently looking absolutley filthy as well due to caked on dirt from trees down our road and mud splatters from the gutter due to all this crap weather in the last two months lol Laptop also managed to pack up as well :rolleyes: and the spare wheel is still doing a mighty fine job still given it has been on there some while now lol.

Have been looking at some Uniroyal Rainsport 3's to replace tyres all round at the moment seem to be a middling tyre that has had some pretty good reviews. Cost wise it looks to be around £40-ish a tyre, so currently saving for those and keeping an eye out for any deals that might be around. The landsail tyres I have had on the front have done a sterling job and really have been a great budget tyre that was put on the car when I bought it by the dealership. Still got a little bit of wear left in them (i'd say a 1mm left on the wear indicators). Completed 13,000 miles on them now.

What else has happened? uuummmmm oh yes holiday booked for the end of August to South West of France so another epic road trip for the Megane :d staying with friends parents who are like my own parents so will be a great two weeks holiday :) Would like to get a nice fresh oil change done before that little adventure so another cost to factor in this year.

Car is now on a smidged over 39,400 miles, when i bought 30 months ago it had 26,000 I believe. Most expensive thing that is going to need doing is the cambelt, I know, I know i keep going on about it in this thread ha ha! Last costing I got for this was over £500 but that was with the water pump being changed as well......although I think I might be playing cambelt lottery on that at the moment due limited funds. Treating my partner to a well earned holiday comes before the cambelt as she has had a lot to deal with health wise and she deserves it :)

Think thats all that has happened just cross fingers the car starts now on Thursday :wink2:

421 - 440 of 476 Posts