Independent Renault Forums banner

2010 Clio Mk3 Facelift replacement OEM stereo

Tags
clio ice stereo
808 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  jj000 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have been trying to upgrade the stereo in my car. I bought a stereo that came out anther clio of the same era that had the optional upgrade for bluetooth etc.

This stereo plugs in without issue. It turns on, the built-in satnav works and I can insert cds. But the rest of the radio doesn't work. There is no radio information on the sat-nav display as there was with the original radio, can't listen to the radio, can't play cds, can't connect to bluetooth can't play music through aux.

I have tried putting the original stereo back in and everything works perfectly.

Any ideas on what could be causing the issue?

My ideas so far is that the radio code for the new radio isn't working. But when I insert the new radio it doesn't display a screen for me to input the code?
Having read a bunch on the forum it seems as if the radio code is stored in the UCH. This seems to be confirmed by the fact that the old radio doesn't require a code when reinstalled.

So what I'm now wondering is:

Is there anyway to make the radio code input screen appear for this new radio?

Is the radio code really stored in the UCH?

If it is, is there anyway to reprogram it for the new stereo?

Cheers

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.