Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Red Bull announced on Thursday that Mark Webber will continue to drive for the team next season. Webber, who won his maiden race in Germany earlier this month, will retain his seat alongside fellow incumbent Sebastian Vettel.

?I'm extremely happy that Red Bull and I have been able to agree to race together again next year,? said the Australian, who joined the team in 2007. ?Even in the leaner and tougher years at the start of my relationship with the team, I've always enjoyed working with them, so now to go through this purple patch, which we hope will continue for a good while to come, makes the work even more enjoyable.

Click here to read more »
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,546 Posts
2010 drivers

Vettel extends Red Bull contract
Red Bull Racing have announced that they have extended their contract with driver Sebastian Vettel until the end of 2011, with an option for 2012.

Twenty two-year-old Vettel is a graduate of the Red Bull Junior Team, which he joined at the age of 12...

Click here to read more »
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Force India to consider Chandok and Jani for testing role

Force India plan to use McLaren's Formula One simulator to evaluate Indian driver Karun Chandok and ex-F1 tester Neel Jani, as the team ponder their 2010 driver line-up. With Vitantonio Liuzzi having been promoted to a race seat alongside Adrian Sutil after Giancarlo Fisichella's departure, Force India have a potential test-driving vacancy for next season...

Click here to read more »
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fernandes seeking experience for Lotus line-up

Lotus's Tony Fernandes says he hopes to recruit an experienced Formula One driver to spearhead the new team's inaugural Formula One campaign in 2010. Fernandes is also seeking an experienced candidate to take over the role of team principal, which he plans to relinquish early next season.

The Malaysian government, partners in the project along with Fernandes and other local entrepreneurs, announced earlier this week that six drivers - Malaysian and international - are on the team's shortlist...

Click here to read more »
 
P

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Kimi Raikkonen has signed an "outline agreement" to kick off a second tenure with the McLaren team beginning next season, the Mirror newspaper reported on Sunday.

The British newspaper said the 29-year-old Finn, who raced with the Woking based outfit between 2002 and 2006, must first reach an agreement with Ferrari, with whom he is under contract for one more season.
:[email protected]://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090920103457.shtml

possible I suppose
 
P

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Usual silly season gossip. They have nothing better to report now that the Renault scandal is dusted.....

Ferrari have said that they are considering the options and will be in a position to say shortly
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,350 Posts
Same on Sky now:

Former world champion Kimi Raikkonen is not guaranteed to race for Ferrari in Formula One next season, team president Luca di Montezemolo has confirmed.

Raikkonen, whose contract is not due to expire until 2010, has for months been at the centre of speculation over whether he will be replaced by Renault's Fernando Alonso next year, a rumour that has been fuelled by Ferrari's new sponsorship deal with Santander bank.

Brazilian Felipe Massa is set to return for Ferrari next season after enduring a fractured skull in the Hungarian Grand Prix.

"We will have a Brazilian driver because he deserves another chance given that, thank God, he is fine," said Montezemolo.

"Otherwise, we are mulling the best choice but we still have time. We will decide in a few weeks."
Source: Sky
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
40,429 Posts
"We will have a Brazilian driver because he deserves another chance given that, thank God, he is fine," said Montezemolo

Mmm....he didn't mention Massas name though.....could it be Piglet????.:rofl::rofl:

I'm pretty sure we will see Fernando in a Ferrari next year,although I'm not really sure he has the right mentality for it.At Renault everything centres around him,the last time he left for a team where he had to fend for himself went a little bit pear shaped.:rolleyes:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,350 Posts
Alonso's Ferrari move 'on'

Fernando Alonso's much-rumoured move to Ferrari in 2010 appears set to be announced at the Japanese Grand Prix this weekend.

Speculation has been rife in the paddock that the Spaniard will replace Kimi Raikkonen next year, and Alonso implied an agreement was already in place following his podium finish in Singapore on Sunday.

"I don't think the podium changes the decision on who I drive for next season," he said after finishing third for his beleaguered Renault team.

"I have taken the decision already - you will know soon."

Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali has also been quoted as saying he would like to make a formal announcement as soon as possible.

However, any deal for Alonso will be subject to Raikkonen's release from the final year of his contract, which lawyers are currently working on.

"I think that as soon as we are ready we will let you know," Domenicali said. "We don't want to wait too long."
Source: Sky
 
P

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Renault admits Alonso will be missed...

The only thing now missing from Fernando Alonso's move to Ferrari for next season is the official press release.

As the speculation steadily becomes fact, Renault's new managing director Jean-Francois Caubet on Sunday all but confirmed that the 27-year-old Spaniard is now set to depart the French-owned team.
:[email protected] http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090927183259.shtml

Renault hinted at it during the weekend
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
40,429 Posts
Jacque Villenuve and Rubens Barrichello.:d

Alain Prost is on stand-by too...:rofl:
 
P

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
:rofl: :rofl:

Kubica's been a strong rumour...but who knows, everything really hinges on Fernando and Kimi. When those two finalise, the rest will slot into place.

Looks like Kimi will go back to McLaren, we'll see...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
40,429 Posts
I hope Kimi just walks away and goes off to do some rallies/drink vodka.He has been a distant character for the last 18 months (even more distant than usual!) and he really doesn't seem to be enjoying himself.I'd love to see Nico get the McLaren drive,although it would cause problems with me as I really like him but....well....ya know about how I feel about the silver team.:rofl:

Kubica would be good for Renault,he is quick and knows how to win.He is hard work sometimes apparently though.....
 
1 - 20 of 121 Posts
Top