Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

I am considering upgrading my Vauxhall Zafira to a petrol engined variant of the 2010 Grand Scenic.

With the Zafira if I can't fix a problem a search of internet forums will result in an answer and there are dedicated Zafira forums.

With the Grand Scenic there doesn't seem to be a Haynes/workshop manual available and there doesn't seem to be much related information on the internet either.

This is one of the things that is holding me back. Should this be a concern for me or am I not looking in the right place for the information?

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,825 Posts
oodles of info on here ..if not just ask

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
24,683 Posts
Hi

I am considering upgrading my Vauxhall Zafira to a petrol engined variant of the 2010 Grand Scenic.

"""With the Zafira if I can't fix a problem a search of internet forums will result in an answer and there are dedicated Zafira forums."""

This is one of the things that is holding me back. Should this be a concern for me or am I not looking in the right place for the information?
As above I think you have answered your own question.

And if you, hopefully not do encounter any problems, then I'm sure you will get all the help you need from our great forum.

The 2010 onwards models are a lot better than the previous model as my Scenic has proven.

If you buy from a reputable scource and with full service history then should be ok as you will have a warranty.

Hope you find what you want good luck:smile2:

·
Premium Member
8,608 Posts
The 2010 onwards models are a lot better than the previous model as my Scenic has proven.

If you buy from a reputable scource and with full service history then should be ok as you will have a warranty.
Just bear in mind that Mk3 gets two petrol engines - good old Renault K4M 1.6 petrol and new 2.0 Nissan M4R. The latter might not have hydraulic valve lifters, so might need adjusting after a dozen thousand miles or so.

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
24,683 Posts
Just bear in mind that Mk3 gets two petrol engines - good old Renault K4M 1.6 petrol and new 2.0 Nissan M4R. The latter might not have hydraulic valve lifters, so might need adjusting after a dozen thousand miles or so.
Between 2009 - 2013 a total of 12 engines were fitted to the Grand Scenic, 4 petrol 1.2 to 2.0 litre and 8 diesel 1.4 to 2.0 Dci.

So he has a good choice to pick from:smile2:

·
Premium Member
8,608 Posts
Between 2009 - 2013 a total of 12 engines were fitted to the Grand Scenic, 4 petrol 1.2 to 2.0 litre
You're 100% right, forgot about turbo petrol engines.

Re diesels however: K9K (1.5, different power output, up to 110hp, manual or EDC gearbox) , F9Q (1.9, 130hp, till 2011), R9M (1.6, 130hp, from 2011) & M9R (2.0 150hp/auto or 160hp/manual).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm more inclined towards the 1.4 Tce engine due to the cam chain rather than belt.

What is the electrical reliability like on them as this seems to be the bad point you hear about Renaults?

·
Premium Member
8,608 Posts
What is the electrical reliability like on them as this seems to be the bad point you hear about Renaults?
Can't say about engine-related electrical issues but for 87 000 km (almost 60 000 miles) I haven't had any other problems than radio re-setting a couple of times.

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,825 Posts
If the cars maintained right the chances of electrical issues are reduced ...a clean of drains paying particular attention to the scuttle should help

A tip is to pour water into the scuttle panel and watch in the wheel arches to see if it flows out freely will soon tel and if all clear each time you wash the car have a look to see its still running freely ..ensure door seals etc are kept clean and free of dirt helps to prevent any damage ..small things but a lot of owners over look them

1 - 9 of 9 Posts