Independent Renault Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,329 Posts

That part I have marked in Red, it's stuck in, spray with wd40, and with a small screwdriver just press and release a few times, it usually pops back out
But thats the Fog light switch, it stops the fog lights on the car working if anything is connected to the tow bar electrics

·
Registered
14 Posts
That’s what I was thinking. I’ll have a closer look., but initial prodding around looks and feels like it’s just blanked off. No sign of any movement. I’ll let you know. If it was stuck in would you expect the tell tale light on the dash not to illuminate either?

·
39,329 Posts
Not sure about that, Must still have a fog light indicator so would think light on the dash would still work
ITS just broken the circuit to the car, but would still need to work om what ever is connected to the tow bar electrics

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's what I thought. So remember, this all started with the fog light dash indicator staying on for about a second then turning off. It would only come on one time after I started the engine, then not again until the engine was stopped and started again. Now, the dash light doesn't come on at all.

·
39,329 Posts
Fog light might work through a relay, would sort towbar out first, before delving any deeper

·
Registered
14 Posts
OK all, I was reading about a similar thing in another thread where the guy disconnected his battery to change the lighting stalk on his steering wheel but ended up not changing it so just reconnected his battery and somehow the rear fog came back to life. So, guess what. I've just disconnected my battery, waited about 5 mins and reconnected the battery. Hey presto, I now have a working rear fog light.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts