Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Strange problem here. Radio froze when using bluetooth then powered off completely (main screen with Sat Nav remained on). Since then it will not work at all, no buttons on radio etc or stick control on steering wheel for radio or bluetooth. Satnav works fine but just has blank areas where the radio details showed. Since then also my battery seems to be mysteriously draining overnight. Any ideas what is happening? Checked fuse but it seems the radio and sat nav share a fuse so it must be working for sat nav to still be on.

Any ideas guys?

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Real whacky idea here, and don't get me wrong, but............it's a 2010 model yeah........take it to your main dealer as it is still under warranty. let them deal with it...............

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Exactly what I was about to suggest.

Paul

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi

I kind of hoped you would assume that I would ultimately be able to get Renault to sort this, I mean of course I could get the dealer to sort but with the bank holidays and not being able to get it in until Tuesday I was just looking for somehelp from you on what I can do in the meantime.

Update on this it looks like the dashboard display comes back on after the car is locked and stays on hence draining the battery. I even if the dash light brightness is set to low it is high when it comes back on after locking.

I hope someone can help in the meantime before Renault look in to it as the car is a motability car and I may need it for my wife over 5he weekend and I don't fancy coming out to a flat battery.

Cheers in anticipation

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I wondered if you ever got to the bottom of what caused this and how it was corrected. My car did exactly the same on the drive home. Now the radio is dead the dash board does appear to be off however when I lock the car and leave it hopefully the battery will be ok in the morning ;)

Adam

·
Premium Member
6,369 Posts
There is a recent thread connected to this re battery specs..the op was told bluetooth was staying on and drained the battery ?...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: 2011 kangoo radio RadioSat only works when it wants too

my radio power only comes on when and where it wants, at least one of the radio buttons adds power to the built in SatNav. i took the radio/cd player to a local auto electronics who believes its unfixable. priced up a new one from dealers which was astoundingly over 400 quid. well out of my price range. been looking through net for a used one but been told i must have the same part number 28 115 9511 R as it must come frome same make and model. which is impossible to find

1 - 8 of 8 Posts