Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
My car has carminat tomtom and radio withou bluetooth, i want to replace it for another with bluetooth (but original radio), so i can connect my cell and answer calls and hear music fron my cell. I bought from 2nd hand parts store, with original code.
The 2nd hand radio came from a car without tomtom carminat (it had a standard LCD), part 28 115 9389R . I connect to my car, but monitor does not light up (stays black). What can i do?
Thanks in advance for all help.

·
Registered
112 Posts
like mikeyjp says it could be faulty, have different connection but have you double checked you got the connections secure when you installed (could be loose plug, easily done) i would also check fuses incase you accidentally shorted something blowing the fuse

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
3,623 Posts
The circuit board for the TomTom is inside the radio unit. As you’ve bought a radio from a car that didn’t have a TomTom it hasn’t got the aforementioned circuit board, hence the TomTom won’t work. The radio doesn’t sound faulty, just incompatible.
HTH

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello. No i ve already seen from a research i ve mafe on internet that the radio with exactly the same reference works with tomtom which module is external to the radio. I think that the solution is changing some parameters on radio configuration such as vin number and radio display type and nav system in the car with soft like clip or dd4tr... simply i dont kmow exactly what and how... anyone has ideas or know how it can be done? Thanks

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
3,623 Posts
Hello. No i ve already seen from a research i ve mafe on internet that the radio with exactly the same reference works with tomtom which module is external to the radio. I think that the solution is changing some parameters on radio configuration such as vin number and radio display type and nav system in the car with soft like clip or dd4tr... simply i dont kmow exactly what and how... anyone has ideas or know how it can be done? Thanks
Have a read here, it’s a Clio but it’s the same principle... may change your mind
Hopefully this link will work

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HEllo.
Havent solve the problem yet. I really would like to exchange the readio with another one original from another car. Could it be that it is necessary to change on de radio configuration the VIN number with CLIP or other software? And also change the type of monitor (standard type to NAV type). Anyone with experience could help me explaining what should be done and how? I would be grateful!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts