Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I hope someone can help.
I have a 2010 megane dynamic tomtom, all was good until I set off for work this morning.
I noticed the tomtom display showing the time and outside temp which is unusual as I hardly ever switch the stereo off so would normaly have the map and audio display. I pressed the stereo power button but nothing happens.
I have checked the fuse and its ok, I have removed the battery lead and reconnected, no change. I have just removed the stereo and checked the fuse on the back of it, that is ok. I have measured 12volts on at least one wire on the back, i dont know which wire is which but think that the constant and switched lives are there as the tomtom screen comes on with ignition and the little light to the side of the CD slot is on.
To me it would appear there is A fault with the stereo unit, i would like to check the rear connector for correct voltages but cant find a diagram anywhere.

Has anyone had a similar problem? I called a local car audio shop and they told me to take it Renault, I dont fancy paying £200 for them to check the things ive done then tell me a replacement stereo is £300.

Any comments or help would be great.
Thanks
Carl

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone, I hope someone can help.
I have a 2010 megane dynamic tomtom, all was good until I set off for work this morning.
I noticed the tomtom display showing the time and outside temp which is unusual as I hardly ever switch the stereo off so would normaly have the map and audio display. I pressed the stereo power button but nothing happens.
I have checked the fuse and its ok, I have removed the battery lead and reconnected, no change. I have just removed the stereo and checked the fuse on the back of it, that is ok. I have measured 12volts on at least one wire on the back, i dont know which wire is which but think that the constant and switched lives are there as the tomtom screen comes on with ignition and the little light to the side of the CD slot is on.
To me it would appear there is A fault with the stereo unit, i would like to check the rear connector for correct voltages but cant find a diagram anywhere.

Has anyone had a similar problem? I called a local car audio shop and they told me to take it Renault, I dont fancy paying £200 for them to check the things ive done then tell me a replacement stereo is £300.

Any comments or help would be great.
Thanks
Carl
hi mate, just came across your thread, i have the same issue with my 2010 model. did you eventually resolve this problem? i am selling my car in 6 months, but i would like everything in working order before i do. would be intered to see what was the solution if any.

many thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts