Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many before, I have found myself with a passenger window that gets stuck down and won't go back up.

First time, I was 100miles from home. The window goes all the way down and will not budge to go back up. We couldn't push it up from inside the door, the garage I took it to had no choice but to cut the wires and wedge it shut so I could get home safely.

My local garage then replaced the whole motor and regulator etc, plus a new passenger door switch. Everything works fine for 6 weeks.

Then when I'm 250 miles from home (why is it never when convenient??) it happens again. Window partially down this time, refuses to go up.

This time the garage I popped into did some testing to try and avoid cutting wires. Everything seemed fine, they were able to make the window go down more but not up at all.
They reversed the polarity or something (not sure?) to make 'Up' become 'Down' and vice versa. It still didn't work, so somewhere along the line the motor cannot recognise 'Up' command, even if the signal is coming from the 'down' wires which otherwise work. Unfortunately no choice but wires cut and wood wedge so I can get home safely. You can hear it trying to work still when using the passenger side switch.

It's now back in my local garage who are replacing the whole motor and mechanism again and trying to investigate why this keeps happening. But i wanted to see if others had this experience.

So what's going on? Given that's two motors and mechanisms, one brand new...a new switch...it works for a while before doing the problem again....this feels like something deeper in the vehicle and possibly more expensive than its worth.

Why is this happening, what's the fix, and is it worth chasing down? The car is otherwise in really good nick but not valued enough to shell out £££s every 2 months so I want to know what I'm facing.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
706 Posts
It would be good to know wether the old electric motor is still working.

Regardless of the car electric system, if old motor is still working if hooked directly on 12 Volts from battery. We might find out if problem is motor (not working) or command system (motor OK).

·
Registered
707 Posts
Slightly off topic (sorry), but this is worrying for the future
like "My Zoe goes backwards out of the parking bay but now won't go forwards - this keeps happening!"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts