Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Sorry. I dont see a "general" section under "other models" or forums related to posting a thread, as instructed.

My 2011 sandero has been having strange braking shudders and grinding, which eventually went away by itself. I have to still replace the front pads at around every 4 months though. The discs have been skimmed. I replaced a leaking front shock. But there is still a strange instability to the front of the car and a rattle I cant specifically pin point. I have pushed and pulled on just about every suspension and engine part but everything is solid and doesnt move. I also replaced the bottom rear engine mounting because that was totally shot. I did notice the calipers are not 100% solid and have movement on the guide pins. It seems spares shops here in SA do not sell service kits specific to the Sandero, here in SA, well not at a reasonable cost. Do I really need to replace the pins as well as the rubbers to try fix the rattle on those? Could I get away with an alternative rubbers only set for another make or model that I might find here in SA? Otherwise it would mean ordering a 5 quid kit from the UK with 150 quid postage?

Ta, have a lekka weekend

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,564 Posts
Hi. Sorry. I dont see a "general" section under "other models" or forums related to posting a thread, as instructed.
I've moved thread to brakes..dinna fuss but thanks for trying, many don't.

Caliper pins loose will not help at all, I assume pins have worn ??
Check available pins across Renault range, many use common caliper/brake sets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts