Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have the stock radio in my scenic (with parrot bluetooth and renault satnav)
I recently bought the Blaupunkt stock Renault unit to replace as was told this is better and has phone/bluetooth. Intslled it and it doesnt work, only switches sat nav screen on, no sound either. Anyone swapped these units before? I have seen this radio in other scenics? Any clues on where to look or if it just wont work due to wiring?

Cheers! :)

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
3,915 Posts
Scenic mk3 radios are paired to the cars ecu. If you’ve just plugged in a unit without it being Virginised or you putting in a code, that’s probably why.
It will switch on the satnav because the satnav circuit board is held within the stereo itself and you’re putting power to it. The screen is simply screen.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scenic mk3 radios are paired to the cars ecu. If you’ve just plugged in a unit without it being Virginised or you putting in a code, that’s probably why.
It will switch on the satnav because the satnav circuit board is held within the stereo itself and you’re putting power to it. The screen is simply screen.
How do I go about adding the code? I get no option or even pairing it? Only thing that seems to work is the power button!?
Cheers
Dan.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
6,855 Posts
so when you turn it on you dont get the word "CODE" anywhere which then turns to "0000"?

·
Registered
50 Posts
The basic stock radio and the replacement Bluetooth unit are not compatible. If you do not have SAT NAV, the radio displays do differ. Whith SAT NAV you do not see the difference but for sure the cabling does not match.
So it is not that easy (or impossible) to switch these units.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No i get no code, the display normally comes up next to the speedo, it is just blank, even when on. When the radio is switched on the satnav screen comes on and I can navigate on the sat nav but nothing from the stereo, not even sound from the satnav. I would have thought the cabling was all the same? Has anyone swapped these units?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The basic stock radio and the replacement Bluetooth unit are not compatible. If you do not have SAT NAV, the radio displays do differ. Whith SAT NAV you do not see the difference but for sure the cabling does not match.
So it is not that easy (or impossible) to switch these units.
I have the satnav so thought it would work, only thing I dont have is handsfree, but all but a few of the cables match.

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
MK3 Scenic Dynamique 1.9 Dci 2010
13,296 Posts
Electronics Technology Electronic device Luxury vehicle Vehicle

Electronics Technology Compact cassette Electronic device

Label

I had to replace my radio a while back but had no problem in doing so, of your radio is the same type as the one in the pics then there shouldn't be a problem, my original radio was tied to the Vin No but the replacement wasn't but just used the supplied code for it to operate correctly.

My radio is also tied to the Carminet Sat Nav

But as you say most of the wiring connection fit some don't it would seem its not the correct replacement which could be your problem

·
13,296 Posts
Yes it was this radio and I have bought the one in the above message, so it wont work at all? How come?
Thanks for the help so far guys :)
It appears because the two head units are connected differently hence you can't connect all your wiring harness:frown2:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
View attachment 168735

View attachment 168737

View attachment 168739

I had to replace my radio a while back but had no problem in doing so, of your radio is the same type as the one in the pics then there shouldn't be a problem, my original radio was tied to the Vin No but the replacement wasn't but just used the supplied code for it to operate correctly.

My radio is also tied to the Carminet Sat Nav

But as you say most of the wiring connection fit some don't it would seem its not the correct replacement which could be your problem
What did you replace, the same identical one? I cant even get a code screen to appear, all wiring fits but it's just not working.

·
13,296 Posts
I have the satnav so thought it would work, only thing I dont have is handsfree, but all but a few of the cables match.

What did you replace, the same identical one? I cant even get a code screen to appear, all wiring fits but it's just not working.

Yes I swapped my head unit for same make n model to avoid the problem that you have found out, so as your replacement seems not to be compatible with your present wiring harness, so the answer seems to get a matching head unit, hope you get it sorted, let us know:wink2:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, i've been doing research on this, the unit I bought has a model number 281159389RT then a box --C. Mine is 281150030RT and a mom ---.

I have seen on ebay I can get radios with the same almost identical serial to mine, so I may get one and see if that works as I cant see what is different in the wiring bar having no mic or phone answer on the steering wheel?

Will keep you posted.

·
13,296 Posts
Sent you a PM but your message box is full so until you delete your old messages you can't receive any:wink2:

·
13,296 Posts
Pics as promised from my original radio that was replaced so check your replacement radio has the same connections

Technology Electronic device Electronics

Bow and arrow Compound bow Bow Archery Cold weapon

Hope that helps:wink2:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pics as promised from my original radio that was replaced so check your replacement radio has the same connections

View attachment 169709

View attachment 169711

Hope that helps:wink2:
Thanks, it has the same connectors, but the serial numbers are different, so the radio switches on the satnav screen and that works fine, but nothing else, no sound, no display on the screen next to the satnav. It has a slighly different serial number so going to order one with similar one and see if that works! will reort back.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts