Independent Renault Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Changing ABS pump will not solve your problem. That pump has got nothing to do with your braking in normal circumstances.

If brakes were fine for 2 weeks and now it is bad again, I would say that system is sucking air somewhere. My bet is small rubber seals on top of master brake cylinder where rezervoar is connected.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,199 Posts
THIS is adjustment .
GO to the rear of the car.
Check here, leave the front alone at this point
I cannot count The amount of times brake pads get put into the rear of a car, and then its adjusted wrong .
The norm is to just push pistons back once the motor has been put in service mode.
Then replace caliper, then go and pump the pedal before applying electric hand brake..

Its put foot slightly on the pedal, pull handbrake on, and at the same time pump the pedal

The handbrake will then get its proper initial setting .
Its easy with a manual hand brake, put caliper on, move the lever a few times on the caliper , until you see/feel the brake pads start to grab,
Then pump foot pedal

·
Registered
Renault Scenic MK3 PH2 2013 1.5dci 110 dynamique tomtom
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So... Another thoughts from today. To stop the car i have to push the pedal to the floor. On stationary pump generates the pressure up to 125bars according to PyClip, when i leave it for while pedal is sinking and there is little to no pressure when i press it gently,i have to press it harder and with every press pedal getting stiff. What i noticed, when i generate the pressure by pumping, eventually im getting ticking noise from servo sounds like some valve is releasing the pressure, then pedal gets softer. No errors on abs unit

·
Registered
576 Posts
That comes from air in brakes.
If there is no leak on the pressure side, you can not find wet part around leak, then the other option is air suction on non-pressure side.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Non pressure side? Can you explain?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Brake fluid rezervoar connects to the master brake cylinder.
No pressure there yet until exit from master brake. And they are connected through simple rubber seals, rezervoar pushed in, no screws or bolts to squeeze them together.
If they don't make a good seal, master cylinder can suck air on that junction.

All other lines and connection points are pressurized. Air can be sucked in but it will definitely leave a greasy mark of spilled brake fluid.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
update from mechanic. He bleeded only rear calipers yesterday, no air. He will use suction pump tomorrow to get all of the air out. According to him everything is fine with calipers, brake lines etc, so air must be still stuck in abs pump. He also said pump is running as it should.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts